as anyone tried leveraging Pinterest?

Discussion in 'SEO, Traffic and Revenue' started by wowtgp, Aug 13, 2013.

1. wowtgp

wowtgp Regular Member

I have been blogging since 2010 and have used almost everything I can to gain more followers and increase my traffic. But Pinterest is the only thing I haven't quite gotten used to yet. Has anyone been using Pinterest to their advantage?

Brandon likes this.
  2. bauss

bauss Regular Member

I haven't tried it, but I know some people that have had some success on pinterest. I don't have enough interesting images to get a decent amount of traffic from pinterest.

wowtgp likes this.
  3. wowtgp

wowtgp Regular Member

I am facing the same problem. I don't have interesting and compelling images to show to people. How do people do it?

4. mscuban

mscuban Regular Member

I tried using that site to catapult my blog posts from another website but I just couldn't figure out how to transition them over. It's not very user friendly in that regard.

5. wowtgp

wowtgp Regular Member

I have the same problem and hoping that someone here will answer this query.

6. mscuban

mscuban Regular Member

I'm willing to give it another try if someone can get tell me exactly how to transitions blogs that are just writings. They are not "pictures" like pinterest labors on about.

7. wowtgp

wowtgp Regular Member

The main problem I am having with Pinterest is with creating boards. I just don't get the purpose. It's something I am still getting the hang off.

8. jessmess

jessmess Regular Member

I want to diverge into this realm as well. But I haven't done any testing at all. I know that there are ways that you can get your account ghosted and from what I have read, it seems to be from creating a board that points to just one domain. So you would have to diversify your domains that you link from. But then if you don't have many domains from the same niche, you are watering down the potential visitors that you may drive from Pinterest.

That remains a problem for me, and I haven't found the solution yet.