Are you proud of yourself?

Discussion in 'Water Cooler' started by Joe., Oct 12, 2013.

1. Joe.

Joe. Regular Member

Are you proud of yourself and everything you've accomplished in life so far?

2. Programmers World

Programmers World Regular Member

Yes. I am very proud of the things that I have accomplished thus far, but I am not entirely satisfied, and want to go further.

3. Autopilot

Autopilot Regular Member

If I awake in the morning I have accomplished much. If I lay my head down at night I have failed at nothing.

Brandon likes this.
  4. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

I'm pretty content with myself and what I've accomplished so far in my life, however, I have more goals to meet. Especially with my online community, I want to hit 200k posts and 5k members. Currently, we have 186,928 posts and 4,845 members.

5. CelarD

CelarD Regular Member

Definitely not where I imagined I'd be at 30. I wouldn't say I'm proud of myself, but I'm not ashamed either. I think I'm a basically a good person, could probably be better towards some people.

What makes people proud of themselves? I guess it's usually either achievements or money, or maybe a hot wife. I have none of these.

6. MainerMikeBrown

MainerMikeBrown Regular Member

I'm proud of myself for not being afraid to make mistakes in life, am not afraid to achieve certain goals, and I try to achieve goals even when I am afraid to do so.

7. Aditya Kulkarni

Aditya Kulkarni Regular Member

Yes, I am!
    It is the best way to stay motivated, according to me. :) When you feel proud about what you've done, what you're doing, it adds another sense of achievement to your life.
    I consulted a life coach regarding the same, who agreed that, the more people feel good about what they've accomplished, the more fulfilling tomorrow is waiting for them!

8. Asumter

Asumter Regular Member

Prior to graduating from high school, I didn't foresee that I would be 26 years old - my currrent age - and not be a teacher. I had it all planned out. I was going to graduate from college at the age of 22 and matriculate into graduate school for a masters, and subsequently a PhD but it didn't quite work out that way - life happened.

I am still in the midst of earning of Bachelor of Science degree while struggling to pay for tuition. I now work from home, which I had never dreamed of and didn't know that I would grow to love it! I CAN say that I am proud of surmounting adversity and the many obstacles that were bestowed before me. I didn't let it break my spirit. With patience and time, I will be able to fulfill my dreams.

Big al likes this.
  9. PassiveHybrid

PassiveHybrid Regular Member

I am proud of myself so far in my life. There are things that I wished were done better but I don't fret on it too much.

10. deansaliba

deansaliba Regular Member

I am very proud of what I have accomplished in the past week. I started a diet, which I managed to stick to, and I have started playing football again, training with two football teams. I have lost 12lbs this past week, that is almost a stone. :)

11. Trickster

Trickster Regular Member

Pretty proud of my character, standards and opinions. Not so proud with my work/studying habits, but I am trying to change that. But I still have a long way to go, I'm pretty young, and at 18 years old, I believe I am better than an average 18 years old.

12. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

I've made a lot of mistakes in my life and I don't regret a damn thing. Everything was a learning lesson to me.

13. MainerMikeBrown

Unfortunately, you can't learn all of life's lessons the easy way. Sometimes you learn the hard way. Some people are too afraid to make mistakes. But, in reality, it's OK to make mistakes because it's not like you have a crystal ball.

14. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

I learned the hard way that screwing around on probation is never the way to go. Especially since I served jail time for it.

15. MainerMikeBrown

I'm proud of the fact that I've done a lot of volunteer work over the years. Me doing so has helped society, and it's been a learning experience for me.

16. bauss

bauss Regular Member

No I'm not. I still have a lot of work to do, but I'm proud of what I got now. It just took me too long to get to this point, because I didn't have the right work ethic when I was a little bit younger.

17. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Regular Member

I'm one of those people who is never satisfied and always looking to do better. It's a right pain but at 54 years old I doubt I'm going to change any time soon.

18. s.molinari

s.molinari Regular Member

Proud? Hmm...yeah. Not overly exuberant, but I can be proud of being a good person, raising a smart and good son, being married to my wife for 24 years and holding a single job for 22 years and running a side business helping 1000's of people run online communities for 13 years.

Still, I am not completely satisfied and I want to be creative and self-sufficient and do only what I love to do. I am working on that as we speak.;)

Scott