Are there any vBulletin users that have used Commbull?

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by Brandon, May 23, 2010.

1. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
  2. DaUnknownAdm!n

DaUnknownAdm!n Regular Member

I remember using it before it went paid. I see now that it's back to being free. I'll have to check it out. In between I often used sendito.com.

3. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

Save yer self the aggravation and use The Geek Gazette. I havent' used commbull in quite a bit, last time I used it was still paid but it was a major headphone. Who didn't get the newsletter, who got a garbled one, who got three copies. I realize some of these problem could be mail server issues but it big headache from an admin standpoint. I literally wanted to go down to VA and kick the chit out of my server. :D

I had the Geek Gazette and didn't like a couple of things about it but over it worked, much more so then commbull. There were still some delivery issues though. I discontinued my board's newsletter and gave my license to a friend but am looking to restart my newsletter soon and will probably go with the Geek or perhaps a third party option IF I do a WP frontend.

That being said since it's been FOSS'ed maybe it's improved?

4. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I would use GAZ, but I can't seem to login to my account to purchase a new license. :talkhand: (or recover the password, the current owner doesn't seem to care)
    I've been leaning towards www.constantcontact.com since before I started this forum, but wanted to see what option I have.

5. DaUnknownAdm!n

DaUnknownAdm!n Regular Member

Just went by TheVBGeek and decided to log in. After logging in you get this message...

Based on this I would definitely use an alternative.

I haven't sent out a newsletter in awhile and have been waiting until I upgrade the site from vb3 to vb4. I'll probably go with http://sendito.com/ since I'm familiar with their reports.