Appropriate VIP Pricing and features.

Discussion in 'Monetization Techniques' started by Zerth, May 28, 2013.

1. Zerth

Zerth Regular Member

Hey all, before I start releasing my forums, I want to ask a few questions.

Say I were to make VIP membership where people would have to pay real money to get, what would be an appropriate price for VIP? Would the price be for 1 year vip? or never ending vip.

And what features would attract the users most in buying this VIP. My forum board is by MyBB.

I was thinking:
    Private section just for VIP members.
    Can change username anytime?
    Bigger private message inbox space.

Not really sure what else, can anyone give me some ideas? Thanks.

2. Big al

Big al Regular Member

I feel that if a member is paying out some hard earned cash then you need some thing that will entice them to pay and be rewarding for them.

As basic rewards. For sure.

Try to think of what YOU would like if you were in their place.

3. Zerth

Zerth Regular Member

Yeah true, just need to think of what would be a suitable and payable price so members won't think it's a 'rip-off'.

Hmm, not really sure about that, that's why I asked xD
    But I thought about 'More frequent and better prizes contests in the private section'.

Dunno what else.

4. Big al

Big al Regular Member

Price may depend a little bit on age (income) of your members. On some other forums they charge $20 to $25 a year.
    Some enticements may be, Bigger avatar size, ability to change their username colour (not mod or admin colour)

Access to privileged information. Ability to do more with their posts. IE edit anytime etc.

A nice new SHINY name of VIP under their username. OR they can have a selected colour for their name, say Yellow? or their name highlighted to mark them as a VIP member.

5. Zerth

Zerth Regular Member

Hmm, I think the ones that charge that amount will be the more 'popular' ones. I'd say if I'm charging mine, around 4-10 dollars a month maybe. Then possibly increase it as I have more members.
    Yeah, I'd give them a animated name too.
    But ability to change username colour wouldn't be that good as people might mistake them as staff if they're coloured.
    Maybe, I'll have to look at a few Mybb forums that give VIP membership for ideas ;]