Announcing the Beta Launch of vBulletin 5 Connect

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by News Bot, Sep 12, 2012.

1. News Bot

News Bot Regular Member

We are pleased to announce the launch of vBulletin 5 Connect beta today, which is available both as a free live demo and as a download for those purchasing the vBulletin 5 Connect license. The public demo of vBulletin 5 Connect is available at:

https://www.vbulletin.com/vb5demo/
    We're making this beta version of vBulletin 5 Connect available now for sites interested in exploring this early version of the software, to start work on styling, plug-ins, etc. While this beta version can be used on new sites, some functionality and content of existing sites won't yet be ported over. As such it may be advisable to upgrade sites to this beta version in a staging environment only and not in production. As we've previously announced, the product features:

• A re-architected Core which provides easier customization and display layer extensibility through a central API
    • Dynamic new Site Builder tool with page templates, drag-and-drop page configuration and in-line site editing
    • Modernized UI designed to encourage user engagement and content creation
    • Customizable content modules that provide enhanced discovery, engaging users into deeper site visits
    • Improved social functionality including redesigned user profiles, comments functionality, an integrated messaging hub, social content curation and real-time updates
    • Integrated mobile-optimized version for use on smartphones, ensuring these visitors stay and return
    • Integrated monetization from VigLink
    • Built-in SEO to maximize search traffic

The price of vBulletin 5 Connect is $249.
    The vBulletin 5 Connect license includes the beta release and all future updates within the 5.x series, as well as the ability to download past versions of the product. Given the robust functionality of vBulletin 5 Connect, this pricing delivers significantly better value than any other community software option.

Additionally, three discounts are available on vBulletin 5 Connect.
    These are additive and customers may qualify for any or all of these discounts, which include:

• ALL Purchases made by 9/30/12 (either new and upgrade) - $25 discount (use coupon code CONNECT during checkout)
    • Upgrades from vBulletin 3.x or 4.x - $40 discount
    • Upgrades of vBulletin 4 licenses purchased on or after 6/1/12, which are upgraded no later than 12/5/12 - $35 discount (will be reflected in the shopping cart for any license qualifying for this discount)

vBulletin 5 Connect makes significant advances in the capabilities of online community websites, and is clearly the premier platform on which to build such sites. We're proud of all we've been able to accomplish in vBulletin 5 Connect and we will continue to invest in its growth going forward.

The new vBulletin website is now live at http://www.vbulletin.comHelping You Build Better Communities,

Your vBulletin Support Team

Continue reading...

2. Carlos

Carlos Regular Member

"Helping you build better communities." Really?

Yeah, okay, vBulletin 5 Connect sucks. Get that into your thick skull, Internet Brands!

3. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

I actually think the $249 price isn't too bad. It's not as big of jump as I expected. The price appears to include the CMS when it comes out (?). I can live with that price. I read on vB.com forums earlier that the Facebook 'app' is now included which is a nice little feature.

One of my licenses is eligible for the additional $35 discount bringing the price down to $174 for that license. I can swallow that my only hope is that vB 5 is usable before the discount expires.

PS: The shopping cart appears to be broken. I cannot add upgrade licenses to the cart. I was just testing anyhow, no big deal.