AdSense 101 - How to generate income?

Discussion in 'Monetization Techniques' started by too_cool_3, Nov 11, 2013.

1. too_cool_3

too_cool_3 Regular Member

Hi,

I've recently become interested in trying to generate some income via the use of Google AdSense. I previously set up AdSense on my forum without knowing much about it or any of the basics, then threw up a few Ad's view-able only to Guests. Monthly, I normally make single digit income. I have recently become aware that AdSense allows a maximum of 3 ads per page and keeping them above the fold is best for income generation so I adjusted my AdSense to reflect this.

I'm sure we have members on AT that have been using AdSense for years. Can you please post up some DOs and DON'Ts when it comes to being successful with AdSense.

Also, feel free to provide insight on how I can improve AdSense implementation on my own forum. Thanks!

Warm regards,

Marc

2. rodserd

rodserd Regular Member

I've had adsense on my blog forever, generating small amounts (probably a quarter a month, if that), so I'm probably a great example of what not to do. Obviously, the best thing you can do for yourself is increase legitimate traffic. I know I've gone to many sites with good content, and clicked on banners there because the item was relevant and interested me.

3. too_cool_3

too_cool_3 Regular Member

If anyone has got any tips for AdSense implementation - feel free to share. :)

4. Sylvain

Sylvain Regular Member

I used ADSense for many year without fine tuning my ads strategy and I was only making few cents every days. When EPN changed their cookie duration, I've moved to Adsense and now I make more money with AdSense than I ever did with EPN.

I mainly use "Text/image, 336x280" type ads which seem to be the best ones.

5. Hassan

Hassan Regular Member

ADSense :locked::locked::locked::locked: