Your next promotion step?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by kev, Jul 6, 2009.

1. kev

kev Regular Member

This coming weekend I'am supposed to take my son and my nephew on a 6 - 8 mile hike, which might turn into a camping trip.

I am thinking of making a video series on this trip. The last time I posted a series was in early - mid 2008. So I am over due on something like this.

Part 1 Video - To start the series off, I will be at my dining room table, with my pack and my gear. Each part of the pack will be discussed and explained.

Part 2 Video - Go over my sons pack in the same manner.

Part 3 Video - The actual hiking and or camping trip

Part 4 Video - The actual hiking and or camping trip

I think I can squeeze at least 2 videos out of the trip. If we camp near a fishing hole, I can for sure get 3 or 4 videos out of the trip.

Edit and upload videos to youtube. Use tubemogul to blast the videos out to various video hosting sites.

From there, I'll embed the videos into my blog, post a few articles with targeted keywords, upload some pictures that have been renamed to target google images.

Post the videos and pictures into the forum.

Link the blog post to the forum threads so people will know where to go to post comments.

2. 50calray

50calray Grand Master

First Name:
    Ray
    It sounds like i need to hire you for some promotional work :).

Well i'm at the ranch working on a small two part video review on a new toy. I'm also thinking about doing some type of small hiking video as well. I've been seeing all kinds of wiild life from wild turkeys to a herd of deer. I figured that would be cool for my mini camping/survival section. That or some type of fishing video...the fishing has been great this trip!

Anyhow, that is my plan and I look forward to seeing your mini series also kev.

3. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

I am busy figuring out AdWords for my first real ad campaign :)

4. Chris

Chris Regular Member

I'm going to make an attempt to promote via Virb, a social networking community that is quite nice.

5. kev

kev Regular Member

Thanks for the link, I signed up just now, posted some images and submitted an RSS feed from my forum.

Tomorrow I'am gonna upload some of my videos and see what happens. It looks like you can only upload @50 pictures a week? But oh well.

survivalistboards on Virb

6. tryfuhl

tryfuhl Champion

First Name:
    Shawn
    Don't forget to run through the woods and stop periodically to apologize to the childrens' mothers and talk about how scared you are, then start running again.

7. kev

kev Regular Member

In case nobody ever told you, dugs are bad, ok?

Just what are you talking about?

8. 50calray

50calray Grand Master

First Name:
    Ray
    Now repeat after me...just say no!! Lol

Seriously, i've seen more kids hurt from playing video games than watching camping videos. They learn about nature watching a camping video were kids playing video games develop a.d.d or deside to go on shooting rampages.

People really need to understand this stuff is a part of us. It's who we are no matter how bad you try to hide it. This applies to every culture...your people had to hunt for their food and carve their homes out of the woods.

9. tryfuhl

tryfuhl Champion

First Name:
    Shawn
  10. Chris

Chris Regular Member

Going back on topic...

Kevin, it looks like they do indeed limit the amount of pictures that can be uploaded to a profile on a weekly basis. I don't remember them doing that before the "makeover", but it looks like such a restriction is in place now.

11. 50calray

50calray Grand Master

First Name:
    Ray
    Thanks for the tip chris as well. I'm going to look into it this weekend when i get back from the ranch. I tried creating an account but it doesn't like my blackberry :(

The internet hasn't been a high priority here for a long time. We usually spend our free time down by the lake. I guess now that we're looking into moving here i better look into it.