Your logo

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by John, Jun 23, 2009.

1. John

John Regular Member

I assume that you have an custom logo for your forum :p
    But do you changes the logo when you changes the design? or if you have different designs at the same time or do you have one made that pretty much works to implement on all styles so you have the same logo?

2. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

It depends on how much effort/money I've put into the logo; if it's just an attractive font I would have no qualms about changing it until I found something I wanted to keep permanently.

3. kev

kev Regular Member

My logo pretty much stays the same. If I change themes, I try to take the original image, crop, edit and use it again.

In fact, my blog and a forum - both of there logos came from the same picture.

4. Imperial

Imperial Adept

One thing I try to perfect the first time around is the logo itself. Logo is your trademark, your online identity so its one of the first things I want to nail down. Of course logos can go through transformations and modifications, but I try to keep the core design the same throughout any changes. This is why I'm having such a hard time right now, trying to establish a solid logo for my latest forum.

5. Michael

Michael Regular Member

Our logo were happy with so when we change we will adjust it accordingly if needed.

6. MarkTaylor

MarkTaylor Newcomer

First Name:
    Mark
    When ever I change the design, I change the logo... I try not to change the design or the logo to often as I find that users may become a little annoyed.

7. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

My logo is always the same even if I change designs, which I rarely, if ever, do. If I need to re-color the logo, I will.

People know your site by your logo. Its' your 'signature' in the internet world, as Imperial said above. So it's important to keep some sort of familiarity.

8. MarkTaylor

MarkTaylor Newcomer

First Name:
    Mark
    I agree with Peggy and Imperial, but at the same time, isn't it good to also change it up a little from time to time?

I can see if you have an established community and members could probably care less if you changed the designs or keep 'em the same, but I do think members appreciate change every so often...

9. Shelley

Shelley Regular Member

My logos differs with styles. I don't think I have established a branded logo because my tastes in graphics change faster than a hooker can throw down her yo-yo knicks for hugh grant.

In the early stages of vbimageworks.com I was changing my styles/logos on average of every 3 weeks so it changes all the time.

10. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

Lol... I do the same.

11. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

lol..... alrighty then....:lol:

12. Tyler

Tyler The Badministrator

First Name:
    Tyler
    Besides AA, I've never really had a true logo. I would just have my forum's name blended into the theme of the skin. However, I think it's safe to say the AA logo is a real logo.

13. Nick

Nick Regular Member

My forum's style has been the same since I launched (except I did change the background from white to two shades of green) but we change our logo every once in a while - probably every 4-6 months.

The members like seeing a different logo every once in a while with different user-submitted Linnie pictures used.

Our latest one has been up for a few weeks, and I think it's a less-fun but more-professional approach. Some members like it, some don't. It's only temporary (as I said - we change our logo often, just for fun) so it's not a big deal.