XenForo Resource Manager 1.0.0 Released

Discussion in 'XenForo Discussions' started by News Bot, Mar 26, 2013.

1. News Bot

News Bot Regular Member

The XenForo Resource Manager (XFRM), version 1.0.0, is now available for purchase and download.

The Resource Manager will be on sale for $20 until 12:00 noon GMT on March 27th, approximately 24 hours from when this announcement was posted.

What is the Resource Manager?

The Resouce Manager is an official XenForo add-on that allows you to manage resources such as files and tutorials or other article-like content along side your normal forum. The aim is allow content such as files to be listed with a focus on the initial content rather than discussion surrounding it. Users can watch resources and be updated whenever a new version is released.

Resources can be sold (as a link to external purchase handling), downloaded directly from the resource manager, downloaded from an external URL, or provided without a file. The administrator can control the type of resources allowed and who can post them on a per category basis. Discussion threads can automatically be created for each resource, allowing the target forum and a thread prefix to be specified per resource category.

It is completely integrated into XenForo, including support for moderator permissions, logging, manual approval and soft-deletion, liking, news feed entries and alerts, reporting, search, spam cleaning, and statistics.

You can see the resource manager in action here, where we use it to manage third-party add-ons, styles, language packs, and tutorials.

Common Resource Manager Questions

Common questions about the resource manager are answered in our FAQ.

Price and Updates

After 12:00 noon GMT on March 27th, rhe Resource Manager's will cost $60. Renewals will cost $15 for an additional 12 months of updates and support. Note that like the Enhanced Search, the renewal cost will automatically be applied as part of your XenForo renewal cost. There is no separate renewal method.

Requirements

XFRM requires XenForo 1.1.3 or newer.

Purchasing

The XFRM can be purchased with a new license via the purchase page or with an existing license via the customer area by clicking "purchase extras/extensions" for the license you want to associate the XFRM with.

A Note About Transferability
    As is the case with any of our other license add-ons (Enhanced Search, Branding Removal, etc), the XFRM cannot be transferred away from a license (though it does not prevent the parent license from being transferred). You can contact us to cancel the add-on if you no longer wish to use it, but should you wish to use the RM again, you will need to re-purchase it.

Installation and Configuration

Please see our XFRM manual page for more information.

Continue reading...

2. fattony69

fattony69 Regular Member

I bought it...but I refuse to "Continue reading..."

3. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I fixed that, I'm not sure why the xenforo feeds do that here, I'll have to look into it.
    I made the purchase, may install it tonight to play around with.

4. fattony69

fattony69 Regular Member

I'll install it tonight on my new forum. Need to figure out what to use it for...

Brandon likes this.
  5. maksim

maksim Regular Member

if xenforo was only $110 still. =P