Would you / have you use(d) paid posting?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by Nick, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Have you ever used paid posting services? If not, would you? Why or why not?

2. gnatster

gnatster Regular Member

First Name:
    Nathan
    Never have used it. My sites tend to be very niche oriented and I can't see how someone is going to post 50-75 posts about the subject with no knowledge. We have sites for MINI, Lotus and Fiat 500. Not exactly subjects that roll off the end of fingers to easily.

2 people like this.
  3. RockinRobbins

RockinRobbins Adept

First Name:
    Renee
  4. Chani

Chani Grand Master

First Name:
    Chani
    Ooh, where's your Lotus forum? :D

On-Topic, I would not use paid posting in most cases.

I might use a form of subscription where the payment (or a portion of it) goes to an expert in my forum's field (I'm considering something like this for a forum that I'm developing). In this case, a member would purchase a subscription in order to ask direct questions to an expert (psychiatry).

5. Michael

Michael Regular Member

We have had someone sign up once just to offer them to us, it was rather insulting to be honest as our forum had 100,000 posts at that point and surely didnt need a paid posting service. I would never use one, even if the content was good. The only thing I would possibly consider would be paying someone to write unique articles for us.

6. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

http://www.adminaddict.net/forum/member-staff-management/members-being-paid-post-3907/#post47374

7. Bryce

Bryce Regular Member

I admit, I've used it once. Didn't turn out to well and I'll never use it again XD.

8. BananaQueen

BananaQueen Grand Master

First Name:
    not telling anyone ;)
    no, i wouldnt, im not sure where exactly i would get the money to pay them from :D

i think if you do pay members to post, some would have no interest in the forum and are just posting low quality posts to get paid, id rather have a few members who genuinely want to be in your forum and have an interest in the subject and well thought out posts, than loads who are just in it for the money, dont care about the subject and post low quality posts

9. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

If I could find someone to write great posts according to topics I send them, I would consider paying something for them. Until then it's "if you want something done right you have to do it yourself". Although, I have on occasion sent a topic idea or YouTube to a dedicated member and asked if they would post it for me, if I didn't have time. So far all have been happy to oblige.