Worst paid host

Discussion in 'Domains, Hosting and Servers' started by Shortie861, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Regular Member

Have you ever had a host that you have paid for that hasn't been worth the money or has caused you nothing but problems?

The host I am with I have used for around 5 years now and to be honest I can't say I have ever had any major problems that have made me want to change, yeah I have had downtime but they are always quick with explaining why and getting it all back up and running :)

2. SpacewardAsh

SpacewardAsh Lurking From Space

First Name:
    Ashley
    Yes, I had this with Both VPS Guys & CertoHost, I'm now sorta happy with my current host VPS Latch, but I need to speak to the CEO cos I want something cleared up

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Fatcow, its as bad as it gets, I never got my refund that they promised, and they took a good amount of money as I paid for yearly hosting. They have a 30-day money back guarantee, and I wanted a refund within 30 days as I planned to move, which I did but I never got my money. Their support is horrible, and my forum would load very slow on them, and it wasn't even as big as it is today, I used fatcow when I just opened adminbb, and thats when it barely had a few members and no traffic.

4. Solidus

Solidus Regular Member

Xtraorbit.com
    Just hideous, especially for MyBB forum owners. Their site is outdated, grammar errors all over the place, no support, out of date apps.

5. euantor

euantor Regular Member

Host Rail is the worst I've been with. I'd been with The Forum Forge, but they shut down and all their clients were transferred to Host Rail. The speeds sucked and they always seemed to have downtime. Very poor indeed.

6. SpacewardAsh

First Name:
    Ashley
    Host Rail...that name rings a bell, where on earth do I know if from :unsure:

7. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

I'm suprised nobody has said Hostgator yet. But I'm going with them. I remember my community's traffic was getting too high, they suspended the site, and I had to move.

8. Chris Grigg

Chris Grigg Regular Member

HG will suspend any site that has decent traffic. They don't care that their plan says unlimited, but surely enough it really is...

9. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Oh yes HostGator definitely is one of the worst paid hosts. As I have mentioned numerous times they are trigger happy and they are quick to suspend as Chris has mentioned.

10. euantor

euantor Regular Member

Well, I often mention them in this type of thread ;) They continuously email and tweet about upcoming server downtime or "sorry for the downtime". Extremely poor as I said.

I tried HostGator once. My site ran so slowly that I cancelled within 24 hours. Full refund and that was it. Never been back to them.

Ashley.S. likes this.
  11. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Same for me but I just used them for 2 weeks, had paid yearly and I did get my money back. This was along time ago though. Alot of people buy from them because they are probably one of the most widely known hosts, and they have great promotions, and know how to advertise well. They may seem trustworthy but they are not.

12. el canadiano

el canadiano Regular Member

Servage is pretty bad. They can't even locally host a MySQL database on a given server.

13. euantor

euantor Regular Member

For anybody who didn't believe me when I said HostRail is bad, I just received this email (even though I'm not with them anymore, they still email me)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2014
  14. SpacewardAsh

First Name:
    Ashley
    :eek: 60% price increase and threaten suspension if you don't pay it...WDF also, why would a host recommend you cancel??? They should be doing anything in their power to keep you as a client, not tell you to cancel. What on earth is the CEO of HostRail on? and I expect that price increase is a cover story because most reputable up-stream providers only increase prices for newer clients, not every client...

15. euantor

euantor Regular Member

Exactly. Just thought I should prove how bad they are. STAY AWAY from HostRail at all costs.

16. Austin01

Austin01 Regular Member

His provider is making them increase their pricing, that's odd. However extending the increase to all clients is to far as they paid for the service earlier and should not have to repay a different, more expensive price.

17. Gamrpro

Gamrpro Regular Member

I'd have to say GoDaddy. Their hosting is just real bad. I think its because they were just made to sell domains and not hosting. They are still the worst I've had...