Who's excited for vb4 ??

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by AllMyForums, Jun 29, 2009.

1. drumming207

drumming207 Adept

I'm going to be the *uncool* guy in the room and admit that I'm excited. I'm not sure what this whole "I'm not excited, but I'm interested" is about. :confused:

I guess I don't understand the whole Forum software hating, as I'm in medicine myself.

Anyway, I understand people don't want to waste money on upgrades if they just upgraded. However, I'm amazed that people are acting like they are asking you to fork over $1k for this upgrade. Now I'm not rich by any means, at this point in my career but this all seems somewhat of a major theme from an "outsiders" point of view.

2. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

By that I meant I'm curious to see what the next version has to offer and whether it delivers on the promise to make the vB experience better for both the owner and the user, but "excited" is too strong a word to describe my feelings. I'll try 4.0 and if I like it, great, if I don't think it's a big improvement I won't be complaining or threatening to take my business elsewhere. :)

3. drumming207

drumming207 Adept

Soliloquy,

I wasn't pointing out anyone in particular. It just seemed odd to me that so many people were blatantly against upgrading to 4.0. No offense intended on my part to anyone on AA. :D

4. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

I'm not upset at all. But I've typed 'why is everyone so excited' 3 times on vB and those 3 posts were quickly buried in the pile of excited peoples posts.

I have suggested a private forum on vB.com like the 'contact the staff' forum on AA so they could get a more balance idea of what people thought that did not feel like arguing in public thought. I am quite sure that they are a little busy at the moment.

I am getting a little tired of the constant complaining, especially by some people who do not even operate forums at the moment.

5. gnatster

gnatster Regular Member

First Name:
    Nathan
    [rant]
    I gotta say after the latest announcement of them saying they are behind combined with the normal time line slip that software takes mixed with the fact there is nothing being said about pricing all brushed with the IB paintbrush I am starting to worry a bit. I like vBulletin, heck I pay my bills writing modifications to it. But I also started my forum because of the way IB handled the forum I was the admin of. I understand all to well that time lines slip, I can deal with that. The most troubling aspect is the license limbo. How may are gonna jump as their current license becomes due all because they don't know what IB is going to do price wise.

Come one vB folks. It's getting to be crunch time. Let us know what the new pricing scheme is if there is going to be one.
    [/rant]