Which host do you currently use?

Discussion in 'Domains, Hosting and Servers' started by jlevi, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Haltech

Haltech Novice

First Name:
    Kevin
    LiquidWeb.. I have 2 dedi's with them.. both Dual Quadcore Xeons with 8 gigs of ram and Raid setups for the DB's. My uptime has been 99% this year.. I had one outage that lasted about an hour.

2. boatswife

boatswife Regular Member

Another dedicated LiquidWeb user. In February, I'll have been with them for 3 years. I don't have any complaints.

3. nohuhu

nohuhu Novice

tried 3ix.org, couldn't stand them even for three months and won't touch it with a stick ever again, amen.
    been with hostgator since january this year, happy so far. even their shared servers are quite good, i never seen it overloaded and their support is just superb. oh, and they really give ssh access, too!

4. kev

kev Regular Member

For the past 2 1/2 years I have been hosted at Future Hosting. I started out with a VPS, and about 6 - 8 months ago finally leased my first dedicated server.

currently I lease a dual core dedicated server with 4 gigs of ramm.

5. MjrNuT

MjrNuT Grand Master

Update. No change on the above for our site hosting.

But, we just terminated our Unmanaged Dedicated Server with LimeStone Networks. If you want to handle everything yourself, then I really suggest them.

They are relatively new and I came by them via good reviews on WHT.

I had Q9400 (Quad Core) with 8 GB RAM, and 136 GB HD, 100 Mbps uplink, and choice of OSs. I chose Win2K3x64. 2000GB of Transfer/mth. @ $140.99/mth.

Ran rock solid since April. Used for our game server needs.

We ended using them b/c we couldn't support the funds anymore. I have nothing but good things to say about them as a dedicated server host. PM me if you'd like further details.

6. Haltech

Haltech Novice

First Name:
    Kevin
    My servers are both unmanaged through LW using Webmin and Fedora... Ill tell ya, LW are a bunch of idiots when it comes to unmanaged servers. Ive had to have them reboot my server 3 times this year and it was a pain in the ass dealing with them on that aspect. 3/4 of their staff cannot manipulated linux whatsoever, which is why they always try to push that cpanel bullshit on you.

7. hotwheels

hotwheels Champion

First Name:
    doug
    I use urljet. I have been using them for about 6 months now and love em. When i first came across urljet i was a bit skeptical about the service they offer related to moving my site over for me. I went ahead and spent the money to use them as my new host, and just like they advertised, they moved my site to their server and it was flawless.

If anyone is looking for a great host/server, please take a serious look at urljet.com

8. p4guru

p4guru Addict

LW = ??

9. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

I assume, LiquidWeb.

10. gnatster

gnatster Regular Member

First Name:
    Nathan
    I use Hostgator and have a shared box. It's been working well for me so far but as the site grows I know I'll need to move to something larger. Why hostgator? They are from TX as am I and they claim to use wind energy for the servers and I like being green when I can. Also since they really are hosted at The Planet here in Dallas and I know a bunch of folks that work at The Planet I can easily make a call to check on things if an outage occurs.

For a club site that I run we use urljet. Peviously we had an account hung on the side of a past presidents account and if there was an issue we had to contact him to contact the host. Not at all idea. urljet was great to work with, they understand we are a club and a parade of site admins will be on board depending on election results.

If I was starting today I'd go with urljet.

11. Lucas

Lucas Addict

First Name:
    Lucas
    I currently use Media Temple. Their Control Panel is kinda fun and a refreshing switch from cPanel. I haven't had any downtime issues yet, but their performance is a bit questionable.

12. JackPH

JackPH Addict

First Name:
    Jack
    I have 2 reseller plan with hostgator now :D I am going to switch my web hosting company this month. I am just waiting for gator to suspend my all website :D for unpaid invoice and going to switch to another hosting company. Had using hostgator since 3 years ago until now.

13. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

Oh, we changed, now we use ServInt. It's an excellent host so far.

14. fattony69

fattony69 Regular Member

I use liquidweb and the only complain I have is I can't get my one script to work quite well, but besides that I love it there. Very minor hiccups, but that was over things I wasn't familiar with.

15. 2dub

2dub Regular Member

Another vote for Hawkhost

I was with Host Gator for 2 years no real problem extremely reliable almost no down time. But, I felt I was paying too much.

Moved to elcheapo host :doh:. was there 30 days, they were slow, responded slow, and had too much down time in those 30 days.

Hawkhost makes my site fly. Great service and great price. Have only been with them a short time but really impressed.

16. Bryce

Bryce Regular Member

I've been with HostTDS, now called ClubUptime for 6 months now. I have a special package, well, it's their top reseller package at 50% off for life from a WebHostingTalk code XD. I bought it before the price went up and am only paying $18 a month for their $70ish monthly package, XD.

17. Ryan Ashbrook

Ryan Ashbrook Regular Member

I have a VPS through HWS Hosting

They are awesome, wouldn't recommend anyone else. :)

18. Chani

Chani Grand Master

First Name:
    Chani
    Still with JaguarPC. But I have two dedicated boxes now. :)

19. Bryce

Bryce Regular Member

JaguarPC, I'm thinking about moving there soon for a dedicated server. Got a 30% off coupon with them to =).

20. Chani

Chani Grand Master

First Name:
    Chani
    They've been great to me. :)