When a forum runs by itself?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by Sylvain, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Sylvain

Sylvain Regular Member

I like my forum and I don't mind spending hours posting on it and promoting it. I see this as a every day challenge and even if it reaches a step where it can run by itself, of course I'll continue to post and promote it. I build my forum because I love the niche.

I guess it is like the anonymous alcoholics liner... One day at a time

2. ProSportsForums

ProSportsForums Regular Member

The worst thing you can do as a site owner is to become detached from your membership.
    If you become calloused to the site so will the membership.
    The most important thing a site owner can do is show up every day. Presence is important.
    The second most important, only because the first is required for the second, is to give a damn.
    How are you members supposed to care more about your site than you do?

cpvr likes this.
  3. Shawn Gossman

Shawn Gossman Regular Member

I have one forum that runs itself. I can go weeks without visiting it and come back to see new posts and new members as if I was never gone. I do try to be active on it more though because its a really fun bunch of members we got there :)

4. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

That's why it's a habit of mine to sign in everyday and create new topics/respond to current threads. Passion is also very important because if you don't love/care about your community, it won't become so successful. Passionate owners are able to come up with more quality content for their forums because they have the dedication and drive to continue keeping the forum active.