What's the coolest thing you ever programmed?

Discussion in 'Web Development and Programming' started by Bill Hughes, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Bill Hughes

Bill Hughes Regular Member

Brandon likes this.
  2. SimplySidy

SimplySidy Website Consultant, Developer and Strategist

For the organizations, the biggest assignment I did was on Visual Basic 6 with internet connectivity and chat system.

And for the Internet, I did code a chessboard drawing with pieces placed depending on the chessmoves input to it. I learned the grahics and PDF on PHP while ding those scripts for a client:)

3. limcid

limcid Regular Member

Thank you for reminding me that planetsourcecode is out there! I'm just getting back into programming and I had forgotten about this treasure.

The coolest thing I've ever programmed is an application that let's a drummer explore the unlimited possibilities behind the drumset. It's been on the shelf for quite a while, but I will be reviving it this year. It's complete with professional quality notation, printing, midi playback, custom exercise creation, etc. It's almost all method books (and then some) rolled into one package.

It was created with VB6.

4. fermlour

fermlour Regular Member

The most interesting thing I ever programmed was an administration panel for prognostic betting site to a friend :)

5. Lairston

Lairston Regular Member

Back in the days of DOS I pulled a practical joke on an unsuspecting fellow student. I programmed in Pascal a fakedos that looked just like the DOS screen at the time. And it would give you a directory of the files if you typed in dir and other common commands.

however if you tried to do something major it would announce the hard drive formatting is commencing. lol

I had the fellow student panicking and he called the professor over and the teacher looks at it and doesn't realize yet that its a fakedos. He tries a few commands and then rebooted the computer.

which ended FakedDos

He mumbled, "Some jerk put that on there."

I never took credit. lol