What to choose VBulletin 3.8.7 or Woltlab Burning Board??

Discussion in 'Community Forum Software' started by master412160, Apr 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. master412160

master412160 Regular Member

Hey All,

I want to get some extra information and opinions-feedback on choosing what is the best.

Either:

1. Vbulletin the 3.0.0 series, more really the version 3.8.7
    or
    2. Woltlab Burning Board (full version, paid.)

What is the best forum software of those two? Which one do you recommend the most and why?

Does Woltlab Burning Board have built in features like prefix system, reputation, album, profile styling, money system, etc ....

What are the main difference between both softwares?

2. SpacewardAsh

SpacewardAsh Lurking From Space

First Name:
    Ashley
    the VB 3.8.x series is kind of outdated, so your support would kind of be limited on that. As for Woltlab burning board, I've never even heard of that, do you have a link to the site?

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

To be honest I just heard of burning board 2 days ago when I voted on a poll of which forum software is the best. It shouldnt matter what we think, it depends on your comfortability, and whichever one suits you the best. I will agree though vBulletin 3.8 is outdated, but if I was to I would choose it over burning board, just my preference.

4. el canadiano

el canadiano Regular Member

Go with Burning Board. You're European, you just gotta show us North Americans what WBB is really made of (and I've heard of really good stuff about them).

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

6. Azure

Azure Regular Member

I've never used Burning Boards. I heard about it a few weeks ago but I never really got the feel for it. It just seems very hard to be interested in from a new customer perspective. vBulletin 3.8 series was the best there ever was and unfortunately it is now at end of life. I would suggest looking at IPB as well. Their current version doesn't have prefix (unless you buy a third party add-on) but their new version that will be released "soon" has a prefix system in the core. You can get other things such as "money system" from an add-on developed by a community member. IPB also has a comprehensive gallery that you can purchase which includes user albums. Go here to check it out: http://www.invisionpower.com/#a_aid=4d7c2bc86c48b

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Yes I would rather go with xenforo or IPB also, but its his choice to make, whatever suits him. Woltab dosent have a nice look in my opinion, it looks like a old version of mybb (1.2)

8. John15

John15 Regular Member

I would go with vBulletin over woltab. I just dont like what burningboards has to offer. Not my taste.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.