What More Can I Do?

Discussion in 'SEO, Traffic and Revenue' started by Brock, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Brock

Brock Regular Member

I'm horrible at SEO, had a partner awhile back that was great at it, and he always handled it, he's since moved on and is no longer involved with anything forum or website related.

What I've done on my own is the basics. I have a active member base, about 500 posts a day more on certain days during the week, so I have fresh content on my site. I post where I can on other forums where I can put a link in my sig, probably doing it on about 8 forums right now. Also starting up a affiliate exchange, but that's all I've done so far.

Tried backlinks by submitting my url to directories, but I've only done about 20. On goolge now there about 4 pages of results that are directly coming up with my site in it.

So any tips on what else I should be doing would be appreciated.

2. Bamboo

Bamboo Regular Member

If you have money to spend you can always buy advertising on popular sites.

3. kilcher

kilcher Regular Member

Well, one cheap and easy idea would be to put your website in your signature. :)

Kaiser likes this.
  4. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Yep that is a very basic method to get backlinks :)

And Brock, do you have vBSEO or any other SEO mod installed to Optimize your forum more? Sorry to hear.

5. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Advertising is a great way to grow your community - Project wonderful is great for this - I know my buddies set budgets of $100 to $200 a week on it, that way they can attract more people, and thus, increasing their community. You could also guest blog for people, thus increasing your links, which, in turn, in the long run, increase your search rankings.