What does your avatar mean?

Discussion in 'Skinning, Design and Graphics' started by cpvr, May 14, 2011.

1. shylock

shylock Regular Member

I have a fascination for villains and classics. So, my favorite villain is Shylock (my username). I chose Al Pachino's portrayal of Shylock as my avatar.

2. ConfabIt

ConfabIt Regular Member

It's Heidi the Cross-Eyed Possum; was on the news ages ago. xD

3. Lairston

Lairston Regular Member

Mine is my xboxlive avatar i created. And then I put in a cool looking background.

Its a thin me. lol

4. bosconian

bosconian Regular Member

I found my Avatar on Google it is the spaceship from Namco's 1981 game Bosconian: Star Destroyer. It is an awesome game I knew about about ten years ago when I purchased a joystick with Namco classic games that came with RCA cables to connect directly to the TV.

I don't own that joystick any more but the name stood with me.

5. boatswife

boatswife Regular Member

LOL Having my cake and eating it too!!

6. andyred

andyred Regular Member

Mines the Logo for the Elder Scrolls games which I've been playing Skyrim a lot lately so it's the first thing I thought of to search when looking for an avatar to add :)

I would add my own photo of myself but I wouldn't want to scare everyone away...

7. SimplySidy

SimplySidy Website Consultant, Developer and Strategist

Okay. I am late here (that is me most of the time:P). But I didnt have my avatar here until yesterday. So I guess, I have a genuine excuse.

This is just me on the pic. It doesnt have any other meaning. But yes, if you draw conclusions, putting up my pic might mean, I am open and it might also imply I am egoistic and want to show off myself (though this is not the case).

zappaDPJ likes this.
  8. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Regular Member

My avatar is an interpretation of my user name, created many years ago by a rather talented graphics artist.

9. VegitoTM

VegitoTM Regular Member

My avatar is rather simple, it relates to my username. The username (other than the TM) is the name of a character from a series known as Dragon Ball Z which is also the main theme of my gaming forum.

10. bauss

bauss Regular Member

My avatar is a picture of me, and some edits I made in photoshop. My avatar is just my way of branding myself, because I'm going to make sure people know that I'm the owner of ThePokerTalk, and people are going to recognize the empire I'm building. My life changes August 1st when we launch our big promotion.

11. avantidesai

avantidesai Regular Member

An avatar is basically an identification of yourself. It should be able to suggest the kind of person you are.

12. nafretiti

nafretiti Regular Member

My avatar is of myself and of one of my old dogs named Nikita, I no longer have her as she was a high stress dog and we couldn't handle the barking all of the time in the middle of the night. Anyways, I like using my own photo because it gives a sense of that I'm a real person here and speaking my own thoughts and ideas. It's always good to have an image that you can relate to and I have nothing to hide so for my avatar I'm using my real face.

13. ProSportsForums

ProSportsForums Regular Member

My avatar means I support the Washington Redskins and do not associate the Washington Redskins with the derogatory term "redskins" as the two have absolutely no connection with one another.