We've Moved

Discussion in 'Admin Talk News' started by AWS, Apr 28, 2013.

1. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    I have moved the site to a new server. It might take a while for the DNS to propagate so if you get a site closed sign then you're still hitting the old server. If you're reading this then you're on the new server.

Things should be much the same. If you notice any quirks or have any problems let me know.

2 people like this.
  2. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    Just some information on the new server. I had Comcast Business fiber connection installed to my new office. I am slowly moving my servers for the colo facility and replacing them with new and setting them up on the new connection.

The new server that runs this site is a dual xeon e5600 with 48 gigs of ram. It has 4 Intel SSD 256gig drives in the server. A big change is this site is the first I am migrating to Linux from Windows. I have the new server setup as an ESXI Hypervisor and this site is the first virtual host on it.

3. bucket

bucket Addict

sounds like a powerful server.

isn't it way overkill for a forum as busy as this one? or will you have a bunch of websites on it....

4. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    I have more sites than this one. The money makers eat up resources so I'm moving them last. Then I'll move this one to a smaller server once I get it shipped back to me.