We need you ACTIVE!

Discussion in 'Admin Talk News' started by Trealix, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpacewardAsh

SpacewardAsh Lurking From Space

First Name:
    Ashley
    Thanks Flux :)

2. Ashley

Ashley Regular Member

I remember getting that question asked of me when we had Marie 1988 that one year. Remember, Ash? We brought in people from all sorts of time zones to cover 24/7 security. The next day or two, I request a review at Forum Promotion or a related site, and the first thing I hear is, "why do you guys have so many staff for a general chat forum?? You don't need that much staff!" Ugh, I was seriously not a happy camper, because if they walked a mile in our shoes, then they would see as well as know why we needed so much staff at the time. So I get annoyed when I hear that lovely refrain as well!

3. BlazingBlue

BlazingBlue Regular Member

Tell me about it. I've been there before. I can tell you that it never ceases to annoy me. One thing you can do is make your staff not look like staff. Do you know what I mean? Like put them under psydo usernames and what not. That way a reviewer won't know its a staff member and you won't be annoyed with that typical response.

4. SpacewardAsh

First Name:
    Ashley
    I've tried that before, but the reviewers tend to look at "the team" pages so if they are listed there, they tend to assume that they are part of the team no matter what group they are in. Then the other problem is, how do you identify staff within posts, etc.

5. BlazingBlue

True, you could get complications and confusement between members. Maybe you could block the staff list?

6. SpacewardAsh

First Name:
    Ashley
    If you have the know how, then yes you probably can, but then you have the problem of working out who to contact if you have a problem, etc.

7. BlazingBlue

Wouldn't that be known though from how someone conducts themselves? Or just be a friendly person and they'll know your staff.

8. SpacewardAsh

First Name:
    Ashley
    Unfortunately not everyone has common sense, therefore you have to cater for those who may not have it just encase

9. Ashley

Ashley Regular Member

Is it really that hard to disguise what staff team people are on? The only thing I can think of is having everyone's username the same color regardless of what his/her position is on the forum....but yeah..unless that second bit I suggested was sort of what BB was talking about?

10. BlazingBlue

Well some forums have a indictor that show what "Group" you are in. Therefor you can look a member but your staff costume can be seen underneath.

11. SpacewardAsh

First Name:
    Ashley
    As I said, not everyone has common sense to go and read posts to see what group you are in, and if you are staff, etc. if there is no team page.

Personally, I see no need in that mod if your username & rank is already coloured and clearly labelled, again it's all down to using common sense.

12. Trealix

Trealix Gamer

Since Kaiser is not in as much, I recommend 2 admins, since me and Blazing has just come bk to help, I think Blazing is correct for the position.

13. SpacewardAsh

First Name:
    Ashley
    As stated, I'm still on limited permissions, hence the rank change so I users can't get confused thinking that I have the exact same permissions as Kaiser, therefore I can only manage users & groups & create moderators, no new administrators I'm afraid :(

14. BlazingBlue

That's fine. We could have a hundred more admins and it wouldn't change a thing. Unless we post and post a lot. That's what its gonna take. Not me or you but everyone working together as a team and to achieve a single purpose. That purpose being to revive AdminBB to a state of activity that is pleasurable to us all. So now get posting and I guarantee you things will change for the better.

Ashley.S. likes this.
  15. SpacewardAsh

First Name:
    Ashley
    I'm sure it will. Also to reduce further confusion, I've changed Kaisers rank to "On Leave" where he still is not here to help out, etc.

16. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.