Wanting to rank Higher?

Discussion in 'SEO, Traffic and Revenue' started by Superboy, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Superboy

Superboy Most Likely, I'm Insane.

Could use some friendly advice...

Now I know...Content, Content, Content is what search Engines go for.
    My site, found in the link in my sig below, is for all intents and purposes dedicated towards books(Young adult predominantly) and I can easily find information when I search

But i am wondering how to make my site rank higher in the results?

Take for example...Our site started off as a fan site for a series called Gone by Michael Grant. However, there was an established forum known as Gaiaphage.com(now gone..no pun intended) that of course ranked first and higher...

However when you search for anything related to GONE unless you are specific in what you say "Gone Micahael grant forum" we don't even appear until page 2.

We have about 10 series or so that have their own category/forums yet when you search for them in Google, they rarely if ever show up on the 1st page and often times the 2nd page is usually a rarity.

It seems strange to me that my site has been around for 2 years or so(and yeah we've had some software and name changes but we've had the same name for over a year now) yet we don't rank higher than we do.

Part of me remembers that it seemed like we DID rank higher and faster when we used Xenforo last year(and google actually linked the site properly vs IPB sort of having individual links for various pages) but i can't remember and forum software really shouldn't matter.

I am wondering what can I do to rank higher?

2. Rocket 442

Rocket 442 Ambitious, but Rubbish

First Name:
    Andy
    Does YA stand for Young Adult? Whatever it stands for, it is likely searched for a lot more than "YA". That should be your first thing. Change your Title Tags, and copy on the site where you can.

3. Superboy

Superboy Most Likely, I'm Insane.

Yeah it does.....and thank you I will look into changing that.

It may help a little!