Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Domains, Hosting and Servers' started by Royal, Nov 26, 2010.
Does anyone know how to set up a VPS so it connects to your domain?
contact your host., and I aint done it in along time.
Is it a cpanel configuration? If so there are tutorials on how to do things built into cpanel. And who are you hosted with?
typically, if it's a cPanel/WHM VPS, and the hostname is like server.youdomain.com, Here's the steps.
1. Go to tweak settings and set "Enable WHOIS lookups for the nameserver IP manager" to off
2. Go to nameservers IP and it should redirect you to the correct place, it should have a box for nameservers and enter something like ns1.yourdomain.com ns2.yourdomain.com
3. Go to "Basic cPanel & WHM Setup" and go all the way to the bottom and make sure your NS is listed in the boxes (Not necessary but i do it to make sure they are there) You may want to click add an a entry for this nameserver for both.
4. Go to your domain registrar and enter those nameservers you picked as your nameservers.
5. go to Account Functions >> Create a New Account and a account with the domain yourdomain.com (Not literly "yourdomain.com" what ever your domain is)
6. Go to your domain and it should show the directory listings or a new account page.