vBSEO - anyone use?

Discussion in 'SEO, Traffic and Revenue' started by johnxarce, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Chris

Chris Regular Member

I'm looking forward to using it, Michelle. ;) I'll keep you posted.

2. CBB

CBB Newcomer

So far I'm not impressed. Google is what I keep my eye on. To me, it really looks like it's all about pagerank. The higher your pagerank, the higher you will be on google. First forum without vbseo I have a pagerank of 3, second forum a pagerank of 2. First one ALWAYS comes up before my second forum with vbseo which is bigger.

3. CBB

CBB Newcomer

It's been a little over a month, I'll check back in August sometime and let you know how it progresses or stays the same.

4. Nick

Nick Regular Member

That's not always true. My forum got to its #2 in position before it even had PageRank (it was still new). It's now PageRank 3 and is still #2 for my keyword.

SERPs aren't based solely on PageRank. PR is just a single indication of performance.

5. CBB

CBB Newcomer

What site is ranking higher than yours? What's his pagerank. I'm relatively new to all this but my competing sites (I have two sites on the same topic competing) tend to follow the pagerank rule. My non vbseo has a pagerank of 3 and my vbseo one has a pagerank of 2. Every keyword that I am going after always has my non vbseo listed first. My vbseo one his almost twice as big as my non vbseo one.

Albeit it's only about a month now that I'm running vbseo on the lower ranking one, but as for ranking, it seems it doesn't do any better than vb itself is doing. Just my opinion, time will tell though.

6. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

You're running two sites competing for the same keyword? I have a couple related sites, but I always go after different keywords for each.

2 people like this.
  7. CBB

CBB Newcomer

Yes, I wanted to test vbseo as I manage about 8 forums now (not all mine) so before I suggest it to clients, I need to make sure it's worth it.

8. Dan

Dan Future Proof

First Name:
    Dan
    I totally agree. And I too head straight to vbseo.com after getting a new license from vbulletin.com.

9. Nick

Nick Regular Member

The PR of the first result is 3. I have two parts to my site: the homepage (blog/articles) and a forum. The homepage is what is listed as the result in Google and it's only PR 1 (I added this homepage in March, so it's still relatively new). The forum however, is PR 3.
    The main reason the first result is #1 is because that site is much older. It isn't updated, it isn't fresh, and it barely has any content. It's just an older domain and always has been the leader of the niche (since before I came around). I think once my domain gets a few years behind it, I can easily overcome the result ahead of me. :)

Basically my homepage is in the #2 position with a PR 1.

10. Dan

Dan Future Proof

First Name:
    Dan
    My tile forum has no PR and ranks above all my competitors even for their terms. It's 3 and a half years old and once upon a time had a PR3 and didn't rank well. I don't think it's all about PR these days. Content is king as they say, and activity is the reward.

I do think it's really important to rank very well, but you don't always need to be first to get good traffic. 2nd and 3rd places can be alright if you're a bit of a niche.

IMO anyway.

11. jaredwilli

jaredwilli Newcomer

First Name:
    Jared
    I use it and I think it's great. But there are a few issues with it I have that I need to work out still