vBSEO - anyone use?

Discussion in 'SEO, Traffic and Revenue' started by johnxarce, Apr 22, 2008.

1. johnxarce

johnxarce Newcomer

I've started to use vBSEO last month ago in my forum
    in the first week google.com index my site 500+ results

2. Tyler

Tyler The Badministrator

First Name:
    Tyler
    I've never used it, but I'm considering purchasing a license for AA. So, you're happy with the results it gave you so far?

3. Disasterpiece

Disasterpiece Addict

vbseo costs around 150$ and for me it is really too much for such a simple plugin.
    i'm using vRewrite, a similar SEO tool and its for free.
    Only problem: No Support is given anymore, because it is an old plugin, but still works quite good.

i hope it will also work on 3.7.0

4. Disasterpiece

Disasterpiece Addict

so, vrewrite doesn't work with vb 3.7.0. it seems that it's just a simple issue, one / is added too much into the url. well, thats a big problem. what's the best to do? try to recode it myself? or really pay for vbseo?

5. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Not to discredit vBSEO in any way, but I find it unnecessary. However, it ultimately depends on the situation you are in with your website.

My forum has very little competition in terms of other forums (except Yahoo Groups), so it was really easy for me to climb the ranks in terms of SEO. My site is in the top two Google results for the two most common search phrases in my niche, less than 6 months after startup.
    And I did it all without purchasing or using vBSEO.

My whole point is that if you are just starting a website, you should first see what your potential is. Don't even consider vBSEO at first; work your butt off to optimize your site with what resources you already have.
    If you achieve great results, great! You wouldn't have wasted money on vBSEO.

If, after a while, you aren't seeing much progress, and you are sure you have done everything you can, THEN you should really consider purchasing vBSEO. It has worked wonders for many sites, and most often pleases the customer.

Just my $0.02.

6. David

David Regular Member

I don't feel its necassary either. With the proper on site SEO you can get better results, and now that Google has released a ton of tools and free modifications that are available, its definently no longer worth $150.

If it was on sale for $60 or so one day, i'd probably buy a copy or two, but no way i'd pay $150 for one!

7. Disasterpiece

Disasterpiece Addict

hi

can you provide a link to these google tools plz?

8. Tyler

Tyler The Badministrator

First Name:
    Tyler
    I use it and I like it. But I think the main, if not, only reason I use it is because I like to see the clean URLs over the vBulletin default ones. /forum/announcements/ is nicer than /forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1 in my opinion.

9. kev

kev Regular Member

From what I heard, the VB 4.0 series is supposed to have something like vbseo as a built in feature. So if your thinking about buying the modification, just hold off for a little while. There is no use in buying something now, when you can get it for free in a few months.

10. Nick

Nick Regular Member

I do agree completely; pretty URLs are much better than the standard.
    However, not everybody has the money laying around to spend just for the pretty links.

If it were much cheaper, it would be a very different story :D

Yes, they are implementing some SEO features. You can read the blog post here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/blog.php?b=2348

I still don't think it will be as extensive as vBSEO, but it certainly will be an improvement from the current default.

I do agree that it is worth waiting for to see how it goes. People considering vBSEO should wait a little while until vB 4 gets a chance to make a mark.

11. PBNJ

PBNJ Regular Member

I use vBSEO on only one of my forums and it was worth it.

I experienced a tremendous jump in visitor traffic after installing vBSEO.

I was also making external links and paying for some adwords at the time, but I credit vBSEO with much of the success.

-Raymond

12. Tyler

Tyler The Badministrator

First Name:
    Tyler
    Quoted for the truth. I highly recommended waiting on vBSEO if you are not yet a customer. It's not long before we know more about vB 4 and have a beta to work with. Save your money.

13. PBNJ

PBNJ Regular Member

I'd imagine that whatever vB starts to do vBSEO will still do more of it and do it better for some time.

It's not like all of a sudden vB will have all of the features in the first release.

-Raymond

14. Nick

Nick Regular Member

This is true; but perhaps vB will have the most important features and will possibly be able to yield results (almost) as good as vBSEO does...

That would make vBSEO less of a priority.

15. Webmist

Webmist Champion

First Name:
    Jen
    If the pretty url's is what your after try TfSEO2 it works with vb 3.8.

16. Nick

Nick Regular Member

What is the real point in doing that now if vB 4 isn't too far away?

17. CBB

CBB Newcomer

Waiting for VB4 before deciding which SEO way to go.

18. Crank

Crank Novice

Thanks but this is also posted on that thread.

Note: vbulletin will have by default a rewrite system from version 4.0 (beta should coming next month, april). I relly suggest you to wait, and not use this product. If the vb's rewrite will be great, i will no more update this product.

19. Bundy

Bundy Admin Talk Staff

I think that is all vb4 is going to be...pretty url's. Vbseo is much more then just pretty URL's.

Either way vb4 is right around the corner, we think hahaha So it doesn't hurt to wait I guess.

But I will tell you what ever vb4 puts out for seo, vbseo will sure surpass it. They have been doing it much longer.

20. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

I have vbseo on one forum, and it's my busiest one. I had been wanting to try it on a couple others, but after having read this thread I think I'll wait a bit and see what happens when 4.0 comes out. Maybe vbseo will be forced to innovate more in order to keep up.