TreQna Six Sigma Discussion Forums

Discussion in 'Community Showcase' started by techit, Nov 3, 2009.

1. techit

techit Addict

First Name:
    Prabh
  2. Bryce

Bryce Regular Member

To just give a review while you wait for the reviewers to come.

I like the domain name, short and simple, and unique. Never seen another domain even close to that.

The forum skin I love, it's nice, simple looking and professional. Reminds me of another forum skin someone made but took offline for some reason so no one has it now but a few people that won't share it :(. Anyways, the colors are good and work together and it just works for me. The one problem I have is the portal system. I've never liked them lol. It just makes the homepage seem to cramped for my comfort, but I can see why you would want one and all that.

The color switcher is a nice touch. Just saw that and I literally spent 2-3mins deciding what color I liked on there lol. The brown and red look better than the blue to me. And the MENU pull out bar. It's ok, might be a bit annoying for me if I were constantly browsing the site, but it helps newbies and people who don't know their way around the forums good in the beginning.

I'd give it a 8/10 because I liked most everything on it except the portal homepage and the menu pull out bar.

I like it though, nice forum. Good luck with it =).

2 people like this.
  3. techit

techit Addict

First Name:
    Prabh
    thanks Bryce, i agree with your assessment on the portal and the Menu thingy...am currently looking to :-

1) Re-work the portal to make it less cluttered
    2) Some way where i can give users the option to turn of the menu bar...

thanks for the feedback its much appreciated :)

cheers

4. David

David Regular Member

You can give members an option to turn off the member bar, by giving them a profile field to turn it off then wrapping the code for it in a if condition something like:

Code:
    <if condition="$member[fieldX] == Yes">
    bar code
    </if>

Other than figuring out a way to declutter the portal there really isn't much that stands out as needing changed. You can try to use a 2 column portal rather than the 3 column setup. get rid of the alexa module, and increase the home page articles to 5-7

2 people like this.