Traffic from Made for Pinterest Images

Discussion in 'SEO, Traffic and Revenue' started by MrGibbs, Dec 4, 2013.

1. MrGibbs

MrGibbs Regular Member

Most of my traffic comes from Google. Second on the list is Pinterest. At first I had no luck driving traffic through Pinterest. I thought it was junk. Then a photo I edited for fun went viral. That is when I realized that you have to make your images specifically for your Pinterest audience.

You can take any old photo, add some effects and write something catchy directly on the picture to really get a Pinterest users attention. This is what leads to the higher CTR from Pinterest. The other thing I think that helps is to make sure that your images are Unique. I can't say for sure the importance of it, I just think it is important.

Anyone else drive traffic with Pinterest?

2. rodserd

rodserd Regular Member

Sounds like you discovered that content is king. If i was better with graphics, I would definitely be using pintrest and any other sites I could use.

3. Octer

Octer Regular Member

Thank you for this tip MyGibbs! I have not had any success with Pinterest, and not for a lack of trying. However, none of the images were made specifically with the intent to go viral - just regular, on-topic images. I'll put on my thinking cap, edit some images, and hope that someone popular on Pinterest likes my sense of humor.