Subscribing to forums

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by Soliloquy, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

Do you have any of your forums set to notify you by email when a new post is made? What sections do you use it for? Right now I'm usually only using it for the Introductions forum, and on one site I have it turned on for the Action Alerts forum as well. (That's where people post notices about calling elected officials on an issue.)

2. tryfuhl

tryfuhl Champion

First Name:
    Shawn
    Can't say that I do I bounce back to the forumhome often enough and scan last replied times

3. Nick

Nick Regular Member

The only forums I am subscribed to anywhere are the Article Submissions forum here and the Announcements forum on vBulletin.com.

4. Chris

Chris Regular Member

I tend to avoid subscriptions entirely. Seeing as I'd rather log in and check for myself, I don't really see the need to receive e-mail updates each and every time something new is posted - it can get a bit frustrating.

5. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Do you find it hard to go through and find everything? On a busy forum, it may be hard to keep up with certain threads that you want to catch up on. And then there's the factor of forgetting. Without thread subscriptions, I would be so lost and forget about half of the threads I create and questions I ask. :lol:

6. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

With certain forums, it may be worth it to subscribe to the entire forum if you really want the information delivered regularly; I subscribe to the vbulletin.org Add-On forums for 3.8 and 3.7 because I like knowing what new mods were posted that day.

7. torque

torque Regular Member

I don't use it at all to be honest I am on my site often enough to find out the information - It was set up here at AdminAddict by default when I first signed up and I received like 100 emails in one day and it annoyed me so i came in and changed it all.