Stable 3.7.0 Next Week

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by ForumAddict, Apr 18, 2008.

1. ForumAddict

ForumAddict The AdminAddict Bot

As those of you who have been keeping an eye on the bug tracker will probably be aware, the frequency and severity of bugs being reported has dropped right off in the past few weeks, and I believe that it has reached the point where we should declare vBulletin 3.7.0 stable and do a final, 'gold' release.

vBulletin 3.7.0 Stable/Gold will be released in the coming week.

I do not anticipate the release of any further release candidates in the interim period.

Today, we will be updating vBulletin.com to run the final version of the code, and we will allow this to run over the weekend to get some final, extra uninterrupted testing done on a production site.

Needless to say, should you find more bugs over the weekend, don't hesitate to report them as soon as possible so that we can ensure that next week's release will be one of the best ever.

Until next week!

More on this...

2. Tyler

Tyler The Badministrator

First Name:
    Tyler
    This is great news. Tons of people have been waiting for the stable release before upgrading their forums, so I can't wait to see lots of great forums taking advantage of the new features of 3.7. Next week is also my Spring Break. :)

3. Daniel

Daniel Regular Member

You're right, this has been long awaited by many. We're already running 3.7 RC3 here, but I know there are several webmasters would would not run anything but a gold release on their site.

After this, hopefully they can come out with the blog update and start focusing on vb 4.0. :P

4. johnxarce

johnxarce Newcomer

i wait for that and i want to create a new forum.

can you tell what version of VB is AdminAddict.com?

5. Tyler

Tyler The Badministrator

First Name:
    Tyler
    AdminAddict is running vBulletin 3.7.0 Release Candidate 3, the latest version of vBulletin 3.7.