So who do you host with?

Discussion in 'Domains, Hosting and Servers' started by Nick, May 19, 2009.

1. Chris

Chris Regular Member

Sorry for the late response!

WiredTree is indeed a superb provider. We are currently located on a fully managed, customized VPS and have had absolutely no trouble whatsoever. As mentioned, their support department (and response time) is fantastic - no complaints.

Their order processing and account creation time(s) are both extremely swift. I placed the order for the server right before their billing department closed shop for the night. I got a confirmation call the next day (mid-morning) and the account was created within an hour after. It was fantastic.

2 people like this.
  2. torque

torque Regular Member

Ok,
    I don't know how many Australians are on here or whatever but thought I would throw in my two cents worth...

I am hosted by Web Hosts Australia they are a fantastic host and the datacentres are fast and reliable.

3. The Cadet

The Cadet Adept

First Name:
    Jonah
    I run off Lunarpages right now. I can't say I would recommend it to others. They do server changed (6+ hour downtimes) and tell you about 3 hours before they start. I've had a fair share of unnanounced downtime where the server was inaccessible. The cPanel is an old model that lacks a good few of the features of the newer versions. Working with databases is hell because you have to import piece by piece to an older version of phpMyAdmin. >.< Their support is decent, but slow and they've told me very clearly that they won't answer any more "noob" questions, go to the forum. All in all, I don't like them very much.

4. Chris

Chris Regular Member

I've heard some "not so great" stuff about them. :frown:

2 people like this.
  5. vB Style

vB Style Newcomer

First Name:
    Adrian
    I use El Host. And I recommend them. I've never had a problem and they give a very good support. I had a vps and now I have a dedicated server with them.

6. Chris

Chris Regular Member

Ah, excellent. How long have you been with them?

2 people like this.
  7. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Regular Member

I use MediaLayer and DreamHost for my hosting needs.

8. Chris

Chris Regular Member

Arny, I've heard nothing but superb commentary/feedback regarding DreamHost. How have they been for 'ya?

2 people like this.
  9. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Regular Member

Chris, I actually just starting using them. Their support has been very good to this point. Responsive and professional. :)

A big selling point for me was the one-click install for WordPress (and many other software options like Joomla, phpBB, etc) which made things really simple.

MediaLayer has always given me top notch response time and customer service. Unfortunately, they are starting to cost me too much and I'm limited in the disk space and bandwidth. So, I will probably start to migrate more business over to DreamHost if they continue to service my account as they have thus far.

10. Chris

Chris Regular Member

That's great. :) I know that Justin S. also uses DreamHost and I'm quite sure that he's happy with them, as well.

2 people like this.
  11. Rizzo

Rizzo Regular Member

I used asmallorange.com - but when i had an issue instead of helping me they insisted it was my problem.

Changed to godaddy hosting as had heard good things about them - wow, the site was slow, it was crap.

Changed to hostgator - they are awesome :) Will be sticking with them.

12. kev

kev Regular Member

I have been with Future Hosting for over 2 years. Their service and value for the dollar is just right.

13. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

I just upgraded my VPS account with Knownhost, because of my new site.
    I just love those people!

14. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Okay, I must ask: where in the world did you hear that GoDaddy's hosting was good? :lol:

15. tech

tech Regular Member

16. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

someone lied? :eek:

17. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Either that or they got extremely lucky. I haven't ever heard a single good thing about GoDaddy hosting. lol

18. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

Free hosting company~ My mom doesn't support any internet thing I do, so no money for me from her~

2 people like this.
  19. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

Further, every client I've ever had on GoDaddy has ended up moving to a more stable host. Trying to get into their stuff to do my designing is a nightmare. And GoDaddy isn't real keen on cooperation. :rolleyes:

20. Rizzo

Rizzo Regular Member

LOL i know, seems silly now i've been with them. I heard about it on vbulletin.com of all places. i thought what better place to ask?