So what's the 'Support Admin Talk' thing about?

Discussion in 'Admin Talk Support & Feedback' started by CM30, Nov 5, 2012.

1. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

Is it just the option to donate to the site? Because I don't see any benefits listed other than the site's costs presumably be paid.

2. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    Hello,

I’ll post an announcement as soon as I finish those up. I’ll also wrap that link with a condition so if you’re already in the supporters group (like you @CM30) you won’t see the link.
    In short, it is a promotion to the contributors group which gives you access to the hidden forum, more signature links and more PM room if you like to store your conversations. You also get a nice banner under your name, you’ll be able to change your mood if you want and I’m looking into a few more things we can offer those users that everyone else wouldn’t have.
    I’m shooting to have that done and an announcement up by the end of the week, I just started working on it last night.
    Everyone that is in the contributors group right now will never have to pay but of course all donations are welcome.
    We’re also going to make a new group for reviewers and there is talk of yet another group which will have a few options and roles on the forum.

We run very little advertising on the forum and I’ve never asked for donations, this is just one option to help cover the hosting and cost of scripts.
    Thanks for the question.

WEfail and cpvr like this.
  3. WEfail

WEfail Regular Member

All Links. They are URL shortened on all outbound from this site?

guessing that's god awful vig link ?

4. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    what?

yes we have it installed but may disabled it since it's not really making any money