SMF very slow at development. Dying Slowly

Discussion in 'SMF Discussions' started by Kaiser, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Autopilot

Autopilot Regular Member

Make announcements to what? That they have fixed major security issues reported over a year or more before? At one time they were releasing updates to their progress until members started trying to pin them down to exactly what the progress was.

2. Allan

Allan It's All Good

Phpbb3 is a snail compared to SMF and they are slow. I there 2.1 is only a couple weeks away and they are already working on 3.0. So hoping that all goes as planned as well. I think they got a bad rap about the past but from what I see they are all gone now.

3. Autopilot

Autopilot Regular Member

I hope they fix the quote problem before they release it. It has been broke for some time now. If you quote any message the cursor stays in the quote box and you can't write a message outside the quote box.

4. Allan

Allan It's All Good

That's a bug they need to fix I agree.

5. Autopilot

Autopilot Regular Member

One of many I'm afraid. It's taken 36 people 2 years to get it this far and it seems every time they fix one thing it break another. And they still have 65 issues to fix. Unfortunately I don't see it being released as stable any time soon.

6. Allan

Allan It's All Good

From what has been posted on there support forum, they have some bugs to fix then it's ready for beta. Which is going to be a couple weeks away. From playing around with 2.1 I will say it's alot better the 2.0.

7. Autopilot

Autopilot Regular Member

Oh I agree, it is a great improvement. Lots of excellent new features etc but useless as a forum if people can't post or quote a post.

8. Autopilot

Autopilot Regular Member

@Allan When you were playing with SMF2.1 did you happen to notice all the bugs in ACP? Many changes don't save. LMAO

9. Allan

Allan It's All Good

I did notice some bugs but then that's why it's in Alpha, I you have a thing for quotes ;)

10. Autopilot

Autopilot Regular Member

Agreed it is Alpha and IMHO not near ready for Beta given all the bugs still there from when they first started this project. I understand too that this is to be expected given the change from dev's who know what they are doing to taking on less experienced dev's to finish a work in progress. I can't wait to see the final steady release. It's been way too long coming with all those people involved.