Ryan Gordon, the lead developer of MyBB has parted ways with MyBB

Discussion in 'Web Development and Programming' started by Brandon, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    As a few have noticed, Ryan Gordon, the lead developer of MyBB has parted ways with us. A message from Ryan is below.
    All of us here at the MyBB Group wish Ryan well in his future endeavours, and I personally am extremely grateful for the role that Ryan has been able to step up and fulfil over the past few years whilst I’ve not been able to dedicate much personal time toward the project. Ryan’s dedication and passion for everything he did, as well as bringing us some of the greatest MyBB releases to date, will be missed.
    What does this mean for MyBB?

The most important thing to keep in mind is whilst this is a big change for us, you can still look forward to exceptional releases of your favourite forum software. Work is underway planning out MyBB 2.0, and from our top-secret prototypes, it’s already looking great.
    We’ll have more to announce shortly, but again thank you for your continued support.
    A message from Ryan to all…

Dear community,
    It is with time that with every profession, interest and passion fade and something new comes along to take over it’s place. It is with this in mind, among other things, that I have decided to enlist my resignation from the MyBB Team.
    Over the past 5 years I’ve had the unique experience of journying with this team and working on this product that has taught me so much. Together we have built hundreds of thousands of communities and I know that this will continue for a long time into the future.
    I wish the MyBB team and the community best of luck in the future, as I open up this new chapter in my life.
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Gordon”

http://ryangordon.net/2010/12/05/co...-look-into-the-story-behind-my-years-at-mybb/

Attached Files:

2. Monster

Monster Admin Talk Staff

His wife put the guns on the table, right! ;)

3. Freshfroot

Freshfroot Regular Member

I hear he pissed off the rest of the mybb staff and they told him to leave. I guess some conflicts on way things were done and what not.

The guy seemed a but rude and a control freak to me. But hey... it is what it is.....

4. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I don't know him from Adam, but if this is true I'm sure the other staff members didn't try to get him to stay..lol