Revenue from Writing Content

Discussion in 'Monetization Techniques' started by NicheGuy, Sep 8, 2013.

1. NicheGuy

NicheGuy Regular Member

The playing field has changed over the years for affiliate content marketers - payouts are smaller and the EPC model is down to AdSense and eBay's ePN which is eventually headed for the CPA model.

I have 15 sites and hundreds of pages/posts of original content. My political blog has >5K posts. So I do write quite a bit but talking with my wife over dinner she was suggesting selling my writing skills.

So the BIG question - ODesk, Elance or fill in the blank ____________________________with your suggestion and tell me why.

I'm looking for good payout, and a good, steady supply of work. And....is the client supposed to not only tell you what they want but give you some source material to work from? Add anything else you feel is important.

Thanks for your help.

2. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

I don't have any advice to offer you Niche but some take aways from being a hired writer a few times.

Writing is so personal. I can a bang out an awesome well researched article yet still not hit the mark for the client. I remember my first paid writing gig about 5 years ago. I wrote out a 10 steps to clean up your computer article. Screenshots and all. Took me probably 2 hours to put together listed all freely available tools, etc. The client wasn't happy. I had *to* much information. I later learned, he wanted to laden it with affiliate links to crapware. If I'd known that I would have accommodated.