Really need help!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by Brian Glover, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Brian Glover

Brian Glover Regular Member

Evening all.
    Firstly, please use small words lol, i'm completely hopeless when it comes to understanding what to do with a forum, but........
    I am co-owner of plecoplanet.com, i set the site up in 2009 with a friend who has since parted company (she just vanished) I am still paying for the site through a paypal account set up for the forums, but Doodles (Lisa (the one who vanished)) is the one that set up the more technical side of the site.
    I am not active on the forum anymore but have 2 very good admin running it for me.
    We cannot get onto the site as it comes up saying that the domain has expired, I cannot remember who our domain provider was.
    What can i do to get the forum back up and running?
    please help

2. GTB

GTB Regular Member

3. Brian Glover

Sorry, i don't really know what i'm looking at (i am a tech spaz)

4. Cerberus

Cerberus Admin Talk Staff

The domain was bought from NameCheap.com Also, if the domain has expired and past the day where you can still renew it, you will need to get another domain.

5. Brian Glover

does that mean i can longer have the name plecoplanet.com? or that i have to buy it from this namecheap.com?

6. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Looks to me like NameCheap are the reseller, so you would have to go through them I think to buy it, then use their domain tools once you have it listed in your NameCheap account, to update name servers to the ones the site used before with the domain. But it means you have to create a NameCheap account first to buy the domain, if they are the reseller?

Which it looks like they are.

7. Brian Glover

ok, thank you