Promotion forums: yay or nay?

Discussion in 'SEO, Traffic and Revenue' started by cpvr, May 10, 2011.

1. John15

John15 Regular Member

Nay. I cant use promotion forums because of the genre of my forum, which I can understand as I run an adult forum.

2. StevenF50

StevenF50 Regular Member

Forums generate about 99% of my members, I have experience in advertising on forums and use it to my advantage to get my forum active off almost forums only. There are so many big boards where you can advertise today you can almost guarantee you will get some members from it. You can advertise in their advertising sections and in your signature. Also many promotion forums offer exchange zones so you can loads and loads of posts from exchanging with other forum owners.

Kaiser likes this.
  3. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

I agree, promotion forums are great. When AdminBB was new, advertising on promotion forums such as FP helped me get it of the ground by having members join, doing post exchanges, buying posts, etc.

4. StevenF50

StevenF50 Regular Member

Unfortunately I don't have the money to buy posts but the others yes. Also don't forget the packages,reviews and advertising services most advertising forums offer, they help a lot as well. Advertising forums offer more way to promote or to help your forum then any other site will.

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Yea it does, thats why I always recommend them but its not the only way. Webmaster forums too as they are very similar.

6. deansaliba

deansaliba Regular Member

I think they have their place. When I ran my football forum I had people who would spend an hour every day visiting various forums and plugging my forum by posting in their advertisment threads. :)

7. StevenF50

StevenF50 Regular Member

Yeah webmaster communities to, well some anyway, some of the larger ones don't.

8. Ventura

Ventura Regular Member

I have tried Promotion forums like FP, but it really hasnt helped me much. I run an RP forum and it hasnt helped me at all. Promotion forums arent for everyone.

9. Ronald D.

Ronald D. Regular Member

Well I am a member on ForumPromotion, I joined there 2 years back I dont bother visiting. I rather stick to webmaster forums to get all resources and help for example admin forums and blogs are helpful too.

10. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

I just use FP for advertising, that's about it. I get resources and advice from other webmaster forums.

11. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

It's also an added bonus where you have a signature for your site on most of those forums, and also, on the profile homepage because its free advertising no matter how you look at it.

12. Chris Grigg

Chris Grigg Regular Member

I personally think Promotional Forums work well. I am a Community Team member on one of them called ForumPromotion. They do a good job at getting members to your forum if your a trusted member on them. ;)

Kaiser likes this.
  13. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Well the forum you are staff on (ForumPromotion) is the only promotion forum that works well ;)

14. Mr.Hazey

Mr.Hazey Regular Member

FP is the top dog and no one has been unique enough to beat them, there are good lesser sites but they are copies of FP.

Kaiser likes this.
  15. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Yea I agree, and the others never succeed anyway as they can never beat what FP has to offer.

16. Mr.Hazey

Mr.Hazey Regular Member

Agree as you need to be unique and the others are not.

17. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Here is what one Promotion Forum did to make a good amount of members get angry http://www.advertisehotspot.info/new-advertising-rule-t7224.html and just read through the thread, the staff there have no respect for what the members have to stay. Why would anyone advertise with them if they require 5 posts to bump your ad thread each time when the best promotion forum (FP) doesnt even have such a rule. There are so many promotion forums, but yet I never see one that is unique and one that does not copy FP for a change.

18. Mr.Hazey

Mr.Hazey Regular Member

I like Ah as Joel is a good lad but feel they lack any guidance as most are still novices who are still learning themselves.

Kaiser likes this.
  19. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Yea I agree Joel is a nice kid, but he is newbie. AH, is okay I would say but for its stats. its very much dead.

20. Mr.Hazey

Mr.Hazey Regular Member

Yep I have been trying to help out as best I can, the problem is they got hacked so many times last year on forumotion then was down a good while they transferred to proper hosting and have never recovered, a lot of they posters never came back after the hack that last a good week due to the lack of a back or help from forumotion.

Kaiser likes this.