Promotion Forums; Good For General Sites, Less So for Others

Or why using one for a non tech based forum is kind of a bad idea

1. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

CM30 submitted a new resource:

Promotion Forums; Good For General Sites, Less So for Others - Or why using one for a non tech based forum is kind of a bad idea

Read more about this resource...

2. Arm Flailing Madman

Arm Flailing Madman Regular Member

I don't want to sound the negative nancy but I often question the usefulness of promoting on a site where the only viewers are also looking to promote their stuff. But it's worth a try.

3. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

It's pretty useful if you run an admin site or promotion site, since for these types of sites, you want the very people who are currently promoting on said forum promotion sites to come over and promote on your one.

For other such sites about different topics... it's just a mix of 'SEO' and 'getting the odd guy who both runs their own site and wants to post on a site about a certain topic' that might want to be a member. Which is very few of them.

4. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

I've used it a few times to do post exchanges and I can honestly, I get better quality content through Postloop. Promotion forum users seem to just rush through their posts and don't take their time to make quality posts.

5. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Regular Member

I believe that it all depends on the chosen promotion forums and the type of websites that you are going to promote.

There are promotion forums with questionable reputation that could hurt you more than help you, but there are times with a given promotion forum is right, but your niche is not suitable for the type of traffic such forum receive. This is, that your target audience is not there.

So I would say that before using a promotion forum it's necessary do a background research on the forum and keep in mind if it serves to your advertising needs.

6. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

The problem is, most forums aren't suitable for the traffic ALL said sites receive. They target admins and forum owners, not the types of people who'd be end users on most websites.

Yeah, some are worse than others (like those actively promoting black hat marketing methods and spamming the search engines). But unless your site is an admin, promotion or webmaster forum, it's very likely your audience won't be on a promotion site to begin with.

7. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Regular Member

Yeah, black hat techniques and search engine spamming are another drawback really to join promotion forums, and certainly I never thought from the approach of my target audience that certainly has nothing to do with those sites.

8. rodserd

rodserd Regular Member

Two kinds of people in this world: Those that live by the rules and those that abuse them (aka roleplayers and munchkins, if you will, but that's my D&D heritage showing). Some people will live within the rules as best they can, and be productive members of society, contributing in ways that one would expect. Others will bend and break rules so they can quickly and easily get on top. Net result is that the people that follow the rules get shit on, and the people that break them sometimes get their rewards.

9. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

Until Google changes the rules for their search engine and the blackhats get completely wiped out for a few months/years. Or until people get sick of the bad business models being abused bythe jerks and the company crashes and burns (like Zynga).

Evil and corruption may win big in the short run, but it almost always goes horribly wrong in the long one. Just ask all those mafia guys who thought they were so unstoppable, until they were shot.

10. Jack Rouse

Jack Rouse Regular Member

The only people to benefit from promotion forums are the owners who get traffic and thus revenue from the advertising, from what I have seen the people on there would have much better forums themselves if they spent as much time in it as they do on Forum Promotion for instance.

Most of the so called Admins on there are no more than kids, they see Forum Promotion doing well, so they start an Admin forum, it gets busy for a few weeks, then it dies a death, because they've all gone back to Forum Promotion, resulting in another black hole in the internet.

11. HaiAnhJumi

HaiAnhJumi Regular Member

In my opinion, it improves some sections as well as do not limit the person sharing the information on the page