Promoting your page on Facebook

Discussion in 'SEO, Traffic and Revenue' started by jyri, Dec 21, 2012.

1. jyri

jyri Regular Member

So how do you guys promote a page on Facebook?

I have found only a few options that are not spammy:

- paid Facebook PPC
    - commenting on other related pages as my page, and luring in some of their visitors that way
    - being engaged in the community so that people would naturally recommend my page

Now I do know that no result can be achieved fast, but if possible I would like to get likes/ engaged visitors at a faster rate that I am currently getting. Any tips or experiences?

2. Jessi

Jessi Regular Member

Honestly, those cover everything that I would've recommended, I think. They're your best bets.

You could maybe promote more with your friends and family to make sure that they like your page as well. Or try promoting off site more in other related niche sites....just promote your FB page instead of your website directly.

jyri likes this.
  3. bauss

bauss Regular Member

The only things I do to promote my facebook page is comment on related page, and have a link to it on my website. I spend more of my time actually promoting my website instead.

You just have to be patient, and the likes will go up if you keep doing what you're doing. You can't rush success.

nav0413 and jyri like this.
  4. webaficionado

webaficionado Regular Member

I usually logged in with my page's account and looked for similar pages where I could comment on to get more 'likes'. That didn't work that well in my experience, though. What got me the most number of 'likes' was placing a Like Box in my site so that visitors just had to click on a button to 'like' my page.

5. Cerberus

Cerberus Admin Talk Staff

The way I have always used facebook was to setup a fanpage for my site. Then use one of the various methods to auto post all new posts to the fan page. Then just stick your fan page for the site in your sig or put it somewhere on the site in a social box or what not. Once you have enough fans it begins to viral through the social scene. You can also do the same for twitter. Facebook has an app RSS Graffiti. Check it out. Makes it very easy to push your new posts to facebook. And then from there you can promote it however. Though, I find you get more real people conversations through twitter than facebook. But, facebook is great for getting an influx of traffic. Just the conversion rate is really low

Brandon likes this.
  6. johnthomas1433

johnthomas1433 Regular Member

Start with a few likes in your FB page before you even start promoting them. There are plenty of sites that does that for you. You do not want people to come to your fan page and see that there are indeed 0 likes.