Posting: do you find it easy or hard?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by cpvr, Jun 18, 2012.

1. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Regular Member

My command of the English language (I'm English :P) and ability to form coherent sentences has never been the best so I've always pushed myself to write/post in order to improve things. I certainly don't find it easy but I do find it worthwhile. Hopefully one of two others do as well because I do tend to post rather a lot :D

2. Liam W

Liam W The best of the best ;)

Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, United Kingdom
    First Name:
    Liam
    I find it difficult sometimes - it's a lot easier if there are people there to do it for you...

3. nafretiti

nafretiti Regular Member

If I could have people post for me that would be great, lol Liam I don't see how you would get someone to post topics for you and or other types of posts. I think the point was if you had to post would you create your own topics or are you more of a follower then a leader? Sometimes I find it hard because I'm just blank most of the time and can't figure out anything good to talk about, I'm a follower in general for anything rather then a leader,I rather stay out of the lime light.

4. Liam W

Liam W The best of the best ;)

Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, United Kingdom
    First Name:
    Liam
    I meant not having to post ;)

I would rather not - most of the topics I make on forums are pointless ;)

nafretiti likes this.
  5. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

At the moment I'm finding it more difficult than usual to post myself, but I blame that on a mix of it being a slow news period and the fact I've got to keep active across about 10-15 forums rather than just one or two.

nafretiti likes this.
  6. ConfabIt

ConfabIt Regular Member

I find it fairly easy. Sometimes I'm stuck with topics though because I don't really have any interests. :(

cpvr likes this.
  7. christa

christa Regular Member

Hi hi everyone!! Sorry for being so quiet the last few weeks my hubby was in a car acident 3 weeks ago and i didn't get time to be on the forum? :)

8. thebrad

thebrad Regular Member

I find it quite easy really i'm pretty good with english and find posting and making topics easy, i am a creative type when it comes to like guides and reviews and stuff so not to bad at it :D

9. bookreader1991

bookreader1991 Regular Member

Not really, it isn't anything hard to do to be honest. Though it is time consuming for sure, because there's always that feeling of "I could be doing something better with my time" lurking around in my head. But it is always time well spent when I post because it makes me know MORE about what I actually think. Also it lets me plug in my earphones and enjoy some good music while doing something calm and relaxed. :)

10. buysell-browse

buysell-browse Regular Member

The only thing I hate about posting is some "you must have x posts to do y" rule in a forum. Who invented that? I would never implement such a silly rule on any forum that I own. If people feel obligated to post for whatever reason and actually dislike doing it, I'd rather they don't.

11. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

It's so easier it's like I create posts while I'm sleeping. I'm a pretty creative person, so it's easier for me to post new threads and generate conversations on the boards. Getting stuck with threads though? That happens to me too, but then I just do some browsing and research and I'll eventually break that block.

12. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Regular Member

Posting new topics it's sometimes hard to me because I tend to suffer writer's block and sometimes this also applies to figure new topics to discuss about. So that I prefer to focus on replying to existing posts when I feel like not having a good new topic to provide quality content and thoughtful discussion to the community.

13. Trickster

Trickster Regular Member

Well it really depends on the topic. If the topic is something I'm interested about or worth discussing, I usually have no problems with posting there. But if it's something I don't like / am not interested in, I usually just skip it (or rarely, read some of it).

I also like posting tutorials and guides if there is a place for that. It really helps me with my English, graphics and overall forums experience, and I enjoy it so why not?