Paid to Post - how much interest does it actually create?

Discussion in 'SEO, Traffic and Revenue' started by ab-killer, Jul 17, 2011.

1. ab-killer

ab-killer Regular Member

Exactly what the title says. I've heard that sites that pay you to post quality posts get tons of interest and members. However this is only what I've heard, in reality does this actually happen? Will people visit your site day after day if you offer money as an incentive?

2. lucasbytegenius

lucasbytegenius Regular Member

Depends on the amount, and where you ask for it. Also how many places you ask for it as well.

I haven't tried it, Postloop has been fulfilling my needs for the most part, but I've met a couple people where it has helped their forum.

3. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Well, not really. People visit based on the content of your community. Paid posts drive in new content - depending on how much you pay for, but it really doesn't help with the interest of your community - because real members tend to attract more interest than that.

I'd recommend using paid posts to get your forum off the ground, or to help your community out with new content. It's a win win situation really.

4. moneyman

moneyman Regular Member

In my opinion pey per post is a good way to get quality content and more members for a forum. With quality content the forum is more likely to show in more search results resulting in more traffic and more members. However, it take money but I believe that the investment is worth it.

5. nafretiti

nafretiti Regular Member

Pay to Post could possibly get you the traffic you want if you set a very good definition of the rules and guidelines of what they are supposed to follow, it also depends on what you will pay the users and in how many topics that they can post in and earn. It also takes advertising and a few good loyal members who make up quality and interesting content, so in theory you should also set a minimum of characters that they have to write in order to be paid per said posts. If you invest in such a business as well you should probably find some good ad service like adsense to also put on your forum so that it can help generate the money to pay the users, if your forum is popular enough you may even get other advertisers that will pay you to host their ads on your forum.