Paid Hosting Companies - Support

Discussion in 'Domains, Hosting and Servers' started by tech, Jun 13, 2009.

1. tech

tech Regular Member

What paid hosting company's do you use and how good are there support?

I personally use Byethost with the Standered yearly..may upgrade to ultimate though.

Premium Hosting

and their support is amazing normally a reply within 1 hour the fastest i got a reply with it solved was 2 mins which was amazing!

How good is your support?

2. Nick

Nick Regular Member

We have a similar thread on this, but this one seems to be more focused on the support of hosting companies.

I use WiredTree, which is a great company to host with. They have 24/7 support and I don't think I've ever waited more than fifteen minutes to have a ticket responded to.

I also have some sites on Cartika clustered hosting which also provides excellent support.

3. Chris

Chris Regular Member

I use WiredTree - simply put, they are superb. It's as simple as that. ;)

4. tech

tech Regular Member

Sorry, ive changed it to support then.

5. Imperial

Imperial Adept

I use Hawk Host for my shared hosting purposes. They are small so the support is really fantastic. Fast support tickets or live chat technical support. Response by chat is usually within 30 or so seconds and the support tickets are maybe 15 to 20 minutes when I used them. Pretty superb for a shared host.

For the dedicated server, we're with 1&1. They have some of the worst support I've ever seen. Rarely helpful, usually clueless about what it is you are trying to fix and generally recommend re-imaging the server before doing anything that takes work on their part. Its good to have smart friends that can deal with the troubling problems :)

6. Nick

Nick Regular Member

1&1 is a company that I don't hear too many people using; but when I do hear of it, it's never anything good. :p

They're just a big marketing scheme (they have like 5 sponsor pages in-a-row in PCWorld Magazine) and they aren't a good company to deal with.

7. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

I'm with Globalgold, can't fault them at all.

8. Boss

Boss Resident Silly Man

First Name:
    Alex
    I'm with the SoftLayer datacenter and network. However, I would recommend UberHost.net as they're an impeccable host. They're with the Savvis and Colo4Dallas networks and datacenters. 24/7 support too!

9. Bundy

Bundy Admin Talk Staff

I have used liquidweb for a long time and I have never had an issue with them. They have actually been one of the best hosts I have been with and I have been with a few over the years haha

10. Boss

Boss Resident Silly Man

First Name:
    Alex
    They're good. Well I only say that because I'm on their partner's program, and so far it's been truly awesome for me. I love free money.

11. DarkWarriorXII

DarkWarriorXII Addict

First Name:
    Dave
    For the first few years I was making websites, I switched hosts after my initial contract expired for one reason or another. The first host I haven't done that with -- who I've been with for a couple years now -- is Downtown Host. Their support is amazing. They usually respond within minutes. Sometimes I wonder if there's anything else they do besides check their e-mail for support tickets. :P Sometimes they respond so quickly I receive their response along with their automated response saying my ticket was received. :eek:

Fastest response times I've ever had with anything, not just hosting. :D

12. Nick

Nick Regular Member

I just signed up for their referral program; looks promising!

How many signups have you had, and where do you "advertise" your referral link?

o__O :giggle:

13. Boss

Boss Resident Silly Man

First Name:
    Alex
    I've had one sign up from them, and a few others from HostGator.

I placed them under the thread area and forum index in IPB. I might signup for the one ThePlanet offers too in the future. :)

Nick, if I were you I would place yours where I told you to.

14. vB Style

vB Style Newcomer

First Name:
    Adrian
    I am in El Host. I am truly happy.
    Their response time will be less than 15 minutes for any support ticket, to be frank I haven't waited for a reply more than 5. I never had a noticeable network downtime.

15. Nick

Nick Regular Member

1 - I only took a quick glance at the payment page, so if you don't mind me asking, how much have you earned from this single sign-up?

2 - I can't find the PM in which you recommended some areas. I really am only thinking about putting a 125x125 in the sidebar and maybe a banner in the footer. Maybe a link in my signature, too.

16. Boss

Boss Resident Silly Man

First Name:
    Alex
    25 dollars on their pro shared package. I know I get paid a one time fee on just that, and an additional amount for each month the package is active. I think the 125x125 is perfect for that area. The forum footer is perfect as well.

17. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Awesome; I'll see if I can start earning AA some money. :woohoo:

18. Boss

Boss Resident Silly Man

First Name:
    Alex
    Also, check it TeaLight, your host, has affiliate programs too. You could get credit on hosting. ;)

19. Nick

Nick Regular Member

And WiredTree has a referral program in the works - I can't wait. I'm sure Chris is ecstatic as well. :D

20. Chris

Chris Regular Member

I'm ecstatic about WiredTree period. If it were a woman, I'd immediately find myself in a relationship with her.