number of posts?

Discussion in 'Admin Talk Support & Feedback' started by the_scarier_one, Nov 28, 2003.

1. the_scarier_one

the_scarier_one Regular Member

hey, unless i'm completely crazy (which may very well be the case) the number of posts i had just shot down by a bit less than 300.... i don't know when this happened, i was just glancing at it... .i used to have a little over 1000, now i have 734 or something... not that it truly matters, i was just curious as to what happened (unless of course, i'm just being crazy psycho)...

2. koehiir

koehiir Regular Member

Posts in playpen don't count anymore, and the decision was retroactive acrosst all time

for the thread click HERE

3. the_scarier_one

the_scarier_one Regular Member

ohhhhh... ok.... lol, you'd think i would have noticed before.. anywho, thanks

4. Diesel

Diesel Regular Member

It's a fairly new change to the system, so it's not abnormal for you not to have noticed. My guess is that it went largely unnoticed by most people.

5. Panache

Panache Regular Member

OK, so I take it that when you post in the playpen, the number of posts goes down? :confused:

6. Diesel

Diesel Regular Member

No, that would be incorrect.
    When you post in Playpen, it does not add to your post count. IOW, your post count stays unchanged.

However, when the change went into effect, all existing posts in Playpen were deducted from your post count, so if you had a total of 1000 posts, and 100 of your posts were in Playpen, your new post count would be 900.
    New posts in all forums other than Playpen would add to the new post count, but new posts in Playpen would not.

Clearer?

7. Panache

Panache Regular Member

Thanks for clearing that up Diesel, now I understand. :)