New Here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by jlee74, Aug 26, 2014.

1. jlee74

jlee74 Regular Member

My name is Jennifer. I ran a fairly successful forum for some years and ended up closing it down . Now that I am able to do it again I am really struggling. I am mom to nine kids (5 are adults now) living in "Small Town" Maine.

2. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Administrator

Welcome to Admin Talk. What was your forum about that closed down? What made you close it down?

3. jlee74

jlee74 Regular Member

A parenting forum geared towards mothers. I was going through some personal stuff and just decided it was best to let it go. It was also on a decline at the time due to Facebook getting more and more popular. I still talk to almost a 100 of my old members on Facebook, they are to stuck there doing their own thing and really I want new members any how for my own personal interest. My forum is more about socializing & sharing what I love for me. I do not really care about running ads or making money.

zappaDPJ, Big al and BamaStangGuy like this.
  4. Big al

Big al Regular Member

Hi jlee74.
    You seem to have a wide audience that could be interested in joining your site and posting. Can you direct some thought towards getting "mothers to be" interested in your site? I read that new mothers do read a vast amount about babies and are keen to learn, so if you could tap into this potential market there could be lots of new members for you.
    All the best with your site.

zappaDPJ likes this.
  5. jlee74

jlee74 Regular Member

You know, you may be onto something. When I started my forum I was a " new" mom with a 5 month old baby. Most of the moms then had babies and small children as well. Back them most of my writing was about small children and babies. Maybe I need to think even more about what I am writing and who I am writing to and really target those people. Thanks :)

Big al and BamaStangGuy like this.
  6. pixelek

pixelek Regular Member

Welcome here Jennifer...... :)
    Mother of nine ???? Wow....that must be quite a challange..... but you are doing ok as you say :)

Good luck and visit us regularly :)

7. jlee74

jlee74 Regular Member

I made the choice the other day to close the mommy board down and get a new Domain name. I geared it more towards women in general. Not sure if it was a great idea . However, I like it better.

pixelek likes this.
  8. pixelek

pixelek Regular Member

Forum is always a good idea.... people need to 'talk' somewhere......:)

9. geebee

geebee Honcho

Welcome Jennifer