My List of The Top Worst & Best FreeForum Hosts

Discussion in 'Member Articles & Tutorials' started by Kaiser, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

www.forumotion.com - The worst as free forum hosting goes. Cant stand a forum that uses them. Thier version of phpBB2 is hideous, looks like they stuffed a whole lot of worthless nothing into their modified version, just makes it even more slow, laggy, ugly. If you are using them I suggest you move.

www.freeforums.org - Most people used them atleast once, I know alot of fine webmasters who first started off using them, and I was one of them.. which was back in 07. They used to be good back then. They will fill up your forum with worthless crap like a whole lot of advertisements. They restrict alot of permissions from the admins so you can never get full control of your forum. They charge a whole lot to remove advertisements, with that money you can buy quality paid hosting and host your own forum with no limits. Their support is much better than forumotion's.

I would never use any of those, but if I had to choose between them it would be www.freeforums.org

Anyways if you would like to see some good free forum hosts you can try the ones below.
    www.prophpbb.com - They have a great support team, and are very reliable. The best phpbb3 host around. I used them back in 08 after moving from freeforums.org. Never had any issues with them.
    www.zetaboards.com - They dont give you a subdomain which sucks, but they still are okay, you get to customize your forum however you want. They have some really nice themes and plugins available.

Anyways if you have moved on from free forum hosting, and free hosting itself then you have nothing to worry about. This is to help the new webmasters out there make a right choice in what free forum hosting they use. All the best, hope everyone finds this useful.

Source: Kaiser of http://admin-talk.com/

moneymakingmom likes this.
  2. Benjamin

Benjamin Regular Member

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

I would give them a 6 or 7 out of 10.

4. Benjamin

Benjamin Regular Member

Oh Okay, I would host my own server, but i Don't have anything to do it, and free hosts are okay but not okay! :P lol

Kaiser likes this.
  5. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Yea I know what you mean, alot of people can afford hosting, and other things but they just stick with free hosting because theres no hassle as everything is done f0r you.

Benjamin likes this.
  6. SpacewardAsh

SpacewardAsh Lurking From Space

First Name:
    Ashley
    Great read there, although personally I would'nt recommend zetaboards.com though

7. Ashley

Ashley Regular Member

I used Zetaboards for a brief period, and they were pure crap when I used them. There were too many broken links, hardly anyone got PM notifications if they had subscribed to when they were to recieve a PM, it was an absolute nightmare. You can ask Ash about it because he was on my forum when I was with them.

I do, however, agree about ProPHPBB. Another one of the very first hosts I was with, and they were awesome! Very friendly staff, the whole nine yards. I would recommend these guys over Forumotion any day. And I think most of you know my take on Forumotion....

8. Trealix

Trealix Gamer

I used to love a mybb one which later on closed down.