Mums Forums

Discussion in 'Community Showcase' started by Michael, May 17, 2009.

1. Michael

Michael Regular Member

Please review our Pregnancy and Parenting Forums.

Forum URL
    : Pregnancy Forums, Parenting Advice Forum - Help, & Support

Forum Name: Mumslife - Pregnancy and Parenting Forums

Launch Date: April 27th 2009 - Not launched until 4 days later roughly ;)

Posts/Threads/Members: Not many yet, this is a new forum :)

Forum Software:vBulletin 3.8.2

Description: Pregnancy and parenting forums for mums and mums to be with advice and chat for mums and those who are pregnanct and seeking advice from other mums and those who have been through the same experiences.

2. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

First Impressions:
    Wow, I fell inlove! The forums look AMAZING! It looks inviting.

Forum Content

Quantity of Forums:I like the forum set up. I am not a mother-to-be, mother or anything related but I was pretty sure of what you guys were speaking about on each forum and why you divided them like that.

Content: I was browsing through the forums and I stumbled upon many parts of the forum that didn't offer much insight when dealing with a problem. Though a lot of the other content is actually calling my name so I could post my opinion based on personal experiences. The forum overall is a very inviting one, I am so tempted to join. That's of course on a woman's point of view, a man might not find it inviting.

Though I must ask, is the site only directed to women? It's also a parenting forum, so I thought there might be a slight chance of men over there.

Forum Look

Favicon: Mums Life, instantly I know why the favicon was ML, the colors are quite nice as well, though it doesn't match the forum.

On, Off, lock icons: I don't see any... for some reason I think it looks good like that, though some icons wouldn't hurt. Pacifiers, baby bottles, maracas, you have endless possibilities.

Forum Design: When you read this please refer to the screenshot below. :cry: I was really enjoying the skin! The skin it self looks AWESOME. It invites me to join. It's calm, peaceful, just like a nursery, but I stumbled upon something I didn't like. The avatars looked too big besides the content. The graphic where the content was posted actually went over the avatar. May I suggest restricting/resizing these avatars? Other than that, the skin would be perfect.

awww.adminaddict.net_data_MetaMirrorCache_565301407203207439c27e3e25c46762.png

Overall Impression: The forum is very inviting, I love it myself. Besides the little design 'oopsies' everything is perfect. What you guys do is really good, give/recieve advice. Maybe you guys should elaborate more on yoru responses to the members for more quality posting. Pretty active too.

I hope this helped, I wish you all the best. I may join, I may be able to help those mom's to predict ^____^.

3. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

Clean looking, bright, and I like the cartoon babies in the logo.

4. Shelley

Shelley Regular Member

I have to agree, the forum style looks great. The structure and layout sets it apart from most forums in this niche and everything visually just comes together nicely.

However, there are a couple of things that should be changed. The threadmarkers (status icons in your threaddisplay) are default vbulletin images and I don't think they suit your style. I think choosing something custom and consistent that will compliment your style will finsish this area off (as well as an announcemenouts custom icon).

I would also replace the default vbulletin posticons. Opt for some post icons that match your theme. Something pastel themed maybe.

Overall. The layout looks great, with just a few things I suggested above that you should address to complete a visually pleasing style. Nice work.