Multi-Site Landing Page - Adwords Says NO!

Discussion in 'SEO, Traffic and Revenue' started by NicheGuy, Sep 8, 2013.

1. NicheGuy

NicheGuy Regular Member

I created a nice ad and targeted it to my central page/landing page that lists all of my 8 niche sites for golf. Almost like a table of contents but a separate domain and site.

Although I'm discussing golf at all 8 sites they are geared to each specific club - blade irons, forged irons, drivers, putters, wedges, hybrids, game improvement, and fairway. Tight niches, all separate domains and blogs.

Each site is displayed with an image and short summary of the site. The theme is well done.

However, the Adwords folks said I can't do this. I can't find the exact wording but it's obvious they want you to target one site at a time, it's more profitable for them and I understand.

I use Wordpress, is there a possible work around this process? I really can't afford to have 8 sites running on Adwords, my budget would go through the roof.

My thoughts were scales of economy and Google Adwords thought scales of profit.

A conundrum of sorts.

2. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

Add a bunch of 'network' content and call it a network site rather than a landing page?

Then you could possibly argue it's not just a landing page and you're advertising a 'network' instead of multiple sites. I don't know, could work.

3. s.molinari

s.molinari Regular Member

Um, I also believe in niches, but isn't what you are doing taking it a bit too far? You could have easily covered all those topics in just one site. Can you give us a link to your landing page?

As a solution though, CM30's sounds pretty good.:)

Scott

4. Clickfinity

Clickfinity Regular Member

From what you've described it is most likely about the lack of informative content. Even though you've dressed it up with some descriptive text/images, it is still, in essence, a page of simple links.

If the page simply leads to other sites without offering any real, in-depth content - no articles, no navigation to any deeper content - then Google will class this as a non-content rich page and won't want you putting ads there. Similarly don't put them on your server error pages, search results page, or pages that lack any solid human-useful content.

That's not to say other people don't do this - but if you want to keep in Google's good books and not fall foul of their Adsense T&C, then it's probably worth either removing the ads for that page, or adding some more value to the site.

Here you go:

https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/48182

[NB: My emboldenment]

I'd probably treat this site as a doorway / traffic / promotion site and not worry about monetising it too much. The value should come when the additional visitors his your main sites.

Cheers,
    Shaun :D