Most money spent on a domain name?

Discussion in 'Domains, Hosting and Servers' started by cpvr, Jun 24, 2012.

1. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

What's the most money you've spent on a domain name? I've never bought a domain name - except for my current site, and I only paid the amount that Namecheap charges - I don't remember how much it was, but still.

So, what's the most you've spent on a domain name?

2. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

$30 for the .mobi of one of my other domains. Never used it, just wanted to complete the brand. I let it expire the next year.

3. Eric Lyon

Eric Lyon Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

First Name:
    Eric
    Most I've spent on a domain name was $100 (so far). Most I sold a domain name for was $7,500 (so far) ;)

Brandon and cpvr like this.
  4. bauss

bauss Regular Member

I spent like $80 on a poker domain which I didn't even end up using.

5. Carlos

Carlos Regular Member

A few years ago, I spent about $50 or whatever it costed to get a .ME domain. It didn't work out like I thought it would.

But the highest that I've paid for a domain name would be over $1,000. I bet one of you can guess and get it right the first time. ;)

6. eva2000

eva2000 Regular Member

think it was US$30 or was it US$60 for .tv domain until i did a noobie mistake and forget to renewal it :oops: :( :mad:

7. dojo

dojo Regular Member

$50 to buy a domain name from another admin forum owner. Don't know why I did this, but it's done. :)

8. Gal Pal

Gal Pal Regular Member

I've spent no more then 14.99 per domain through Godaddy.com. I have oodles of domains. Some I will keep, some I will let go now, as the direction of my website has became more defined.​

9. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Regular Member

$250 for a "package" of 2 domains.

I *would* have paid a lot for digitalpoint.com when I was looking for a new domain when we changed company names (we were data-point.com prior). It was back in the day when if you didn't pay your domain registration, it was released that night... and just so happens the that previous owner forgot to pay their registration the day I was searching (it wasn't actually being used by them for anything... just parked). Was parked by eCorp.com I guess (I actually didn't know it was owned by them or they lost it until I already registered it and they contacted me). So digitalpoint.com cost me $9.

Brandon likes this.