Moonlight Fans Forum

Discussion in 'Community Showcase' started by Patrick, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Patrick

Patrick Regular Member

2. Daniel

Daniel Regular Member

The design for the forum is simple, yet effective. Not overly complicated, which is good. The color scheme is good, and appropriate. I also love how integrated your site and forum are. Very well done in that aspect. One thing that caught my eye was the list of moderators for every forum. I'm not a fan of this style. While it is personal preference, I'd personally remove them if the forum software allows. Another thing I would do would be to switch up the forum graphics a little; I'd add something more relevant for the forum new/old icons (fangs, cross, something related to the show). I'd also change the main graphic in the header that says moonlight fans to an image or screenshot from the show. This lets people know right away what the forum is about.

You may also want to consider adding a more elaborate guest message. I know what moonlight is, but some people may not know right away. If they don't know, it'd be difficult for them to know what the forum is about. Not a huge issue, but an afterthought.

Another observation I had was that you seem to have a lot of forums, some less active than others. I think it's better to have less forums unless they can be adequately supported by several posts daily.

Aside from a few minor suggestions above, I wouldn't change a thing. I've seen your forum before, and as before, I'm still very impressed. You have generated a large user base (over 5,000 members) and a huge amount of posts in a very short time. You've done a brilliant job with this - keep it up.

3. Patrick

Patrick Regular Member

Thanks for the review Daniel.

Fireboard is young, and hopefully removing the list of moderators in the future is doable.
    You're right about the guest message, I'll do that now.

You're right about the less active forums thing too. Some of the "younger" ones (like the New Amsterdam and Dexter sections) I'm trying to get going, as those are young. But I'm having trouble deciding with what to do with some of the other ones. I'm going to gradually condense them, and hope that people won't be too offended if I end up deleting them. I don't want people to be mad if they are of the few people that post in those forums and seeing them deleated.

Thanks for all your suggestions. Alot of them I wouldn't have thought about, but would be easy to do to improve the site/forum. Thanks Daniel!