Men only forums

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by FullMetalBabe, Jun 15, 2009.

1. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

Same here XD

2. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

Gawd, I hate "women's channels" on TV and I just don't fit into most of the "women's forums" I've seen. Conversations that only involve boyfriends and Celebrities and babies bore me to no end, and I have little in common with women whose identities are completely wrapped up in their children.

Aren't you men tired of being stereotyped as beer-guzzling, woman-ogling ill-mannered macho dumb guys? Why do you put up with that, even buy into it sometimes?

3. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

THIS. I'd prefer, in my opinion, to read about the latest xbox 360 games, or how much engine power will the next lancer have vs. custom modifications made to a lancer, rather than speaking about stupid celebrities and effing boyfriends.

4. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

I saw a forum the other day that was about a sport that was 90% male participants that remained gender neutral in content.

It was quite successful and women appreciated being treated just like everyone else. In fact it was a nice place for both genders to hang out, the top mod was a very enthusiastic extremely nice woman.

Is that the type of place you would like to see? Might be a market niche actually. Gender neutral talking about things like sports, cars, type stuff.

5. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

Yes... something like that, ok not something, exactly like that. Now-a-day women CAN do the same things men can... for exception of SOME...things... <.< but other than that, women are at the same level.

6. Randy

Randy Adept

First Name:
    Randy
    Ermm with this i agree with you, I don't see a reason for a 'man' or 'women' only forum although I am alittle on the fruity side (yah im proud to admit that lol), but yah only reason I can see for this is if the forum was about things that i don't want to say cause tbh its kind of weird and I wanna keep this G rated but lets say 'if its about the bedroom' maybe it would be more targeted towards men and a guy would think that it would be for men only cause many women do not wish to talk about things like that.

Note: sorry if i came off rude, inappropiate etc.. Just expressing why i think this would be.

~ Randy

7. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

No problem, but you'd be surprised how many women get interested in such topics.

8. Randy

Randy Adept

First Name:
    Randy
    No I know there are quite a few but think of it from a guy's point of view, alot of women always say things like 'eww', 'gross' when a guy brings something like that up so its a guy taking that and judging it against all women.

A.K.A more sterotyping.

9. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

Stereotypes=horrible

Specially when they stereotype 'Women' and 'Men'

10. Randy

Randy Adept

First Name:
    Randy
    Agreed but no matter what it will never disappear its just how society is in every country.

sheesh i need a coffee to keep up with posting here and working..

11. Wayne Luke

Wayne Luke Regular Member

Personally, I don't buy into stereotypes at all. I just approach people as they are. Stereotypes get in the way of being tolerant and learning from other's experiences.

12. doodles

doodles Adept

First Name:
    Lisa
    Theres loads of girls/women only forums out there, why is only mens ones that get moaned about.

Lol maybe because the womens ones are boring, and talk about babies, boyfriends, make up, so on and so on and so on.

Maybe someone should start a men only forum for women, to talk 'boys' stuff lol

13. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

I don't think FullMetalBabe was complaining about what goes on in men's forums, she was saying that even the gender-neutral forums have a lot of male-oriented stuff that bothers women.

14. Nick

Nick Regular Member

FMB, I think this would be a good opportunity to create the community that fulfills exactly what you're looking for. You are pointing out the downsides that turn you away from these different types of forums. Why don't you create the perfect match instead of looking for one? I'm sure you aren't the only one who would enjoy such a forum... :)

15. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

FullMetalBabe, if you create a forum for women that isn't sappy, I will join :)

16. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

@_@ SO many forum ideas!!!!! Oh GOD!!!! u_u I will explode.

17. Chris

Chris Regular Member

While we don't want you to explode, I think you should make an attempt to transform some of these ideas into reality!

:D

18. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

Uhh, I hate talking about boys, Michelle said my part of my point. Believe it or not, the most I talk about my friends regarding to boys is making fun of the ones at my college criticizing them.

19. doodles

doodles Adept

First Name:
    Lisa
    sorry didnt mean talk about boys, i meant talking about the topics like sports, consoles, extreme sports etc etc 'boys' stuff but call it a girls only forum lol

20. Boss

Boss Resident Silly Man

First Name:
    Alex
    I don't like sexism being on a forum. Everyone is equal, lest you're banned.

With both you and I living in California, we both know not to buy into stereotypes, if you catch my drift.