Members ripping your content

Discussion in 'Member and Staff Management' started by Giorgios, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Giorgios

Giorgios Regular Member

What do you do when some of your members end up copying/ripping your content for their site?

I would possibly file a DMCA takedown if the volume of copied material was very large.

Brandon likes this.
  2. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Same thing you would do. I'd also contact their host and domain provider as soon as possible. I'd also report them to Google as a spam site.

3. ProSportsForums

ProSportsForums Regular Member

4. bauss

bauss Regular Member

I'd file a DMCA report too if they never linked the source, and included more then a short paragraph for my content.

5. Jessi

Jessi Regular Member

I would contact *that person* first, though. Sometimes all it takes is calling someone out for it to get them to stop. It might do the opposite, but then threatening the DMCA reports and whatnot could be sufficient at that point even.

If they don't stop, though, then I'd obviously contact people who would take it down.

6. Martin W

Martin W Regular Member

I tend not to be that bothered as it takes a fair bit of time. My content was first and I will always no that, if they have to stoop to ripping the chances are the project won't last long. I would ask them to remove it and contact the host but that is about my limit.

7. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

If it's not their content to begin with (aka they didn't post it or ask permission), I'd contact them and ask them to remove it. And that's probably about it, it's not really worth chasing after people for fairly minor stuff like this.

Martin W likes this.