Members offering to buy your forums for stupid money?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by Michael, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Michael

Michael Regular Member

Have you ever had a member ask to buy your forum thinking you would sell it for a stupidly cheap price and lose all of your hard work, hundreds of promotion hours and everything else that comes with building a community and managing a forum?

2. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

No, I can't say that's ever happened to me. I have sometimes wondered what someone might actually pay for some of my sites, but I don't really want to sell any at this point.

3. Michael

Michael Regular Member

Thats the same as us. We dont ever plan on selling up, hopefully in the future our son may want to take the reigns :D

4. kneel

kneel Regular Member

one time i was offered one...BILLION...dollars...but i said no...

5. Ryan

Ryan Regular Member

Yes, Someone offered me $200

I said no.

6. torque

torque Regular Member

One of my major competitors offered my $5000 for my site but I said no not when I have invested so much time, money and effort into it for $250 000 I would think about it though haha

7. Vekseid

Vekseid Regular Member

I got some dingbat offer for $300 from I have no idea who. I don't think they were a member.

Since Elliquiy is donation driven rather than by advertising, Elliquiy's intrinsic value is going to be higher for me than any potential purchaser.

8. kev

kev Regular Member

Yes, and I did not know whether to feel insulted, or if the guy was just that stupid.

9. kneel

kneel Regular Member

ok..on a real note... i dont know how much it would take to make me sell. I mean..i put ALOT of time into making what i got... and my site only has 50 members a day..which isnt huge or anything....but damnit thats a lot of hard werk just to get that!!

I think the only way i would sell my toyota forum is if sumone offered me a decent amount of money..and i had lost all the passion that i have for working on the forum.